Polar Flow to Runningahead (Read 112 times)

I have ordered a Polar Watch (M430) and will be using the Polar Flow web site instead of Garmin Connect. Question is what are the steps (if possible) to sync up my Polar Flow data from my watch to runningahead?  I can't seem to find any info/instructions on this.

an amazing likeness

There is no direct integration (which is one of the significant advantages of the fairly universal integration of the Garmin ecosystem with logging/tracking sites...).

You'll want to export the workout from Polar as TCX (or GPX) and import to RunningAhead log via the Upload from File option in the log's Upload GPS Data menu.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

I guess if I have to initiate each and every export/ import from Polar to running ahead then regrettably I may have to look for another running site that auto syncs with Garmin and with Polar. Can't see keeping all activities on Polar and/or on Garmins site cause I may want to switch watches from time to time so I really need a running site that auto syncs with both.

an amazing likeness

You might want to subscribe to this topic discussing integration between RA and Polarflow to keep abreast if any updates...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Thanks!  I like this site a lot but it takes too much time to manually export/ import. Hopefully they can develop the site to include Polar in the sync-ing feature. Will still keep the site for the forums and maybe if I use my garmin watch or get a new one one day. Maybe I'll try strava just to store the Polar activities for now.

Runningzee I use a Tomtom and same problem so I dont bother updating my log on here. Strava is really good for logging runs.

55+ PBs 5k 18:36 June 3rd TT

" If you don't use it you lose it,  but if you use it, it wears out.

Somewhere in between is about right "      

Thanks. I got spoiled with Connect Garmin here as it Auto-syncs. I spend too much time already cause I manually punch data in an Excel spreadsheet for runs and shoe data (been doing this since 2011 when I started back  to running) Glad to hear about Strava as it auto syncs with Garmin and Polar. I really like the graphs and equipment data here! Hoping it gets automated for Polar!

FYI ---Just found out about a free site (https://tapiriik.com/) that syncronizes all my Garmin Connect data (past data too) with Strava. I am doing this process now. So all my acivities/ running data since 2012 will be there. And then going forward all running activities from Polar Flow and Garmin Connect will be auto synced  to Strava. Will keep my Runningahead account for the forums,etc.

2PM Update from the tapiriika conversion. It appears that only the garmin runs back to July 2017 were completely converted. Runs before that showed up(distance,time,&pace) but not the splits,maps,and other details.

kcam

I must say that I think Strava is an awful running log compared to RA.

Absolutely Runningahead is the best. But not pratical for a Polar watch until automated like Garmin Connect. I'll just use the Polar flow site for the bells and whistles but just would like to consolidate basic run activity from Garmin & Polar to a 3rd party site.

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

I must say that I think Strava is an awful running log compared to RA.

Agreed, the Strava running log is terrible.

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

I changed my mind about Endomondo.

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Just cancel the order and buy a Garmin 235 instead. 👍

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Well I always liked my Garmin FR 410 and it still works great and now 6 1/2 years old . I really like Runningahead and will still be here. I have put all my 6 1/2 yrs of basic run data from my garmin on Strava and going forward Polar and Gamin will sync up there but only Garmin will sync up here . I am trying a new toy -- Polar M430. I think I will like it and the Polar Flow site too. Someone shared this with me:

Polar Flow syncs well with Polar watches. It provides really good analysis and flexible structured training programs for various events. It integrates running with power if you have a Stryd and a V800. You can have your cake and eat it. Phased HR and power based training and analysis. Running index. V02 max estimation. Recovery status. Race prediction. Flow even makes you do core stability, flexibility and strength work. You buy the watch and the rest is for free. Why do you want to pay for a less capable third party site? I have dabbled in all of them. They are incomplete and want to sell you stuff that is freely available on Flow (OK. I admit I still use free Strava because I like the segments but this is only because they flatter - they are not a realistic training tool). I would recommend that you familiarise yourselves with all that Flow is capable of doing before considering paying for third party sites.

runlikeagirI

Absolutely Runningahead is the best. But not pratical for a Polar watch until automated like Garmin Connect. I'll just use the Polar flow site for the bells and whistles but just would like to consolidate basic run activity from Garmin & Polar to a 3rd party site.

I've had two watches that don't automatically sync with RA (a Suunto and an Epson), and it seriously takes 30 seconds to export/upload a run here?