What Do You Look For In A Running Hat? Suggestions Needed for Prototype. (Read 190 times)

Lyrics by Willie Dixon.  Would never have guessed that this guy was a runner.

Why don't you meet me in the bottom, baby; bring your running shoes.

Lyrics by Willie Dixon.  Would never have guessed that this guy was a runner.

He has a nice hat, though.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
      We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
      rlopez

I bet he won't lose his pants in a bad ass wind either.

Winter: generally a beany-type hat of fleece. Generally no brim, unless I have a way of getting headlamp under it. When really cold, I like a Seirus QuickDraw - like balaclava, but thicker on top, thinner over face for breathing. Opening can be used to hang hat from belt when not in use.

Summer: baseball-style cap with bill that isn't too long - keep rain out of eyes. Slider to adjust size. I don't like tight hats, but wind can blow them off on a ridge or mountain top, so I tighten them. The sliders are the easiest to adjust to exactly the size i want. Can be mostly synthetic mesh, but like to be able to soak it in a stream or carry snow in it, then put it on my head. Pony tail hole in the back can be used to hang hat from belt if don't  want it on for awhile.

I prefer running without a hat most of the time.

PS: I'd never carry keys or money in a hat.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog

I generally dont wear hats when I run unless its raining.   In the winter a light stocking hat and a heavier one if its really cold.....

I wear glasses and the rain beads up on my glasses and I can't see..  So, light weight with a slightly oversize brim would work best for me...

Champions are made when no one is watching