300 (Read 2711 times)

Slo

Nice job SRL.

Good luck tomorrow.

I was a little disappointed at the lack of Gerard Butler pictures in this thread.  But congrats anyway and good luck!

xor

Twas today and is all done.  7th in my age group with a snooze-sounding 3:52 (1:56/1:56 even split).  However, this a challenging race (for a road marathon) up high (but not like those Leadville weirdos).

Anyway, compared to the other 3 times I ran this race... 4:15, 4:02, and 4:09... I'll take it.

I wore pink for the race. Says Breast Cancer Sucks right on the back.  Two things:

1. two minutes before the race started, random dude I don't know comes up. He does not seem happy.  "Do you ever run for MEN'S health issues??" Undecided

2. I got the "Goooo Breast Cancer!" cheer.  To which I responded, "No!  BOOOO breast cancer!"

No Mr Butler.

Congrats, SRL!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

bhearn

Course records: 1 (since broken).

Did you count 20th Century 50K?

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Anyway, compared to the other 3 times I ran this race... 4:15, 4:02, and 4:09... I'll take it.

Congrats Mr. SRL. Getting better with age! Maybe there is hope for the rest of us and I do not mean the 300.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

xor

Did you count 20th Century 50K?

No, I had the record at Rainier to Ruston.

I only ran the 20th Century race once... and I'd surely like to have it back.  I didn't beat 5 there... 5:00-some seconds.  I am absolutely positively sure I could run 4:20 on that one now.

bhearn

Maybe so, but you did hold the master's record for a year (even it it wasn't recognized until after it had been beaten).

xor

Maybe so, but you did hold the master's record for a year (even it it wasn't recognized until after it had been beaten).

Ha.

Now that right there is funny.  I am assuming you broke it?

bhearn

Well yes, but Jim Kerby broke it by 26 minutes more than I did. I did get Scott to correct the website and list you as the former master's record holder.

RAers have racked up some outstanding achievements, and this one is among the most impressive.  Congrats SRL!

E.J.
                          Greater Lowell Road Runners
                          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Prince of Fatness

Nice work there, Señor Lopez.  Here's to 300 more.

Not at it at all. 

Imminent Catastrophe

30 per year average. For 10 years. Pretty good longevity and consistency. 

Have you had any significant injuries during that time? I mean running-related, not other health issues.

DW just told me she's a big fan, she met you briefly at Crater Lake.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

Did I try to give her a trading card??  (JOKE. Honestly, I never did the trading card thing.)

I stress fractured my right femur in 2004. Out of action for awhile.  Before I knew it was a stress fracture, I ran a half marathon on it, though.  Good times.

Aside from that, goofy things here and there. Losing all the skin off a heel twice. A hamstring thingy for a little while.

No, the gaps in my timeline come from other things.  30 a year is a nice average, but I have years of 65, 53, and 44.  And other years substantially less than 30.