Knuckle lights (Read 498 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

I know that the Black Diamond headlamps (not the Sprinter) will hook to a race vest. I'd have some kind of backup light, plus spare batteries. That's my nightmare--headlamp dies in the middle of nowhere and I can't see a thing. Don't be that guy.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Ojo

I know that the Black Diamond headlamps (not the Sprinter) will hook to a race vest. I'd have some kind of backup light, plus spare batteries. That's my nightmare--headlamp dies in the middle of nowhere and I can't see a thing. Don't be that guy.

Thanks!  Luckily <9 hours of darkness and 2 loops -- i will have plenty of backup plans!

Sara

MM #2929

Battery life is terrible.  You will do much better if you use the second setting. It is only slightly less bright.  I had the original version and there we're some quality issues, including extremely short battery life,  they sent me the 2nd gen which is better, but still has some battery life issues.  I like the product and the company, though.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Supersono99

Battery life is terrible.  You will do much better if you use the second setting. It is only slightly less bright.  I had the original version and there we're some quality issues, including extremely short battery life,  they sent me the 2nd gen which is better, but still has some battery life issues.  I like the product and the company, though.

Are you referring to the knuckle lights or the headlamp?

If the knuckle lights, are they obnoxiously bright enough for cars to notice on the dim setting?

Knuckle lights.  The dimmer setting is barely different from the top setting. The lights are bright enough to be noticed by arms, but, of course, are lower down than a headlamp.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth