Ticked off! (Read 974 times)

2008 Philly Trifecta

Man, I was not able to do my scheduled long run today due to a nasty head cold. Two of my kids had Strep last week, my wife had a head cold starting with a sore throat. Last night it crept up on me, and this morning...WHAMMO Angry I thought about going out, but really not feeling well, and completely congested...Also, it'll give my sore right knee a little rest I spose?! Question...should I try my long run tommorrow (Mon) which is a scheduled rest day, or just scratch it this week? Black eye Dave

***Check out my site: where I've been, and where I'm going @ releasetherunner.blogspot.com
    2008 Philly Trifecta:
    10 Mile Broad St Run-5/4
    Philly Distance Run HM-9/21
    Philly Marathon-11/23
    "A goal not written down is only a dream...!"

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

My advice: get yourself tested for strep. Strep does not always cause a sore throat and CAN cause nasal congestion.
        What did you decide to do? Did you run?

Michelle

If you are pretty sick, I would skip it. Missing one run isn't going to kill you.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

2008 Philly Trifecta

If you are pretty sick, I would skip it. Missing one run isn't going to kill you.
            Thanks all for the concern...wasn't viral. Treated symptoms with, fluids, Day & NyQuil and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Took your advice Steve! Feeling better today! Was just a crummy head cold you get from having little ones I spose?! Hope to take an easy 3 miler in today! Dave

***Check out my site: where I've been, and where I'm going @ releasetherunner.blogspot.com
            2008 Philly Trifecta:
            10 Mile Broad St Run-5/4
            Philly Distance Run HM-9/21
            Philly Marathon-11/23
            "A goal not written down is only a dream...!"

xhristopher

Man, I was not able to do my scheduled long run today due to a nasty head cold. Two of my kids had Strep last week, my wife had a head cold starting with a sore throat. Last night it crept up on me, and this morning...WHAMMO >Sad I thought about going out, but really not feeling well, and completely congested...Also, it'll give my sore right knee a little rest I spose?! Question...should I try my long run tommorrow (Mon) which is a scheduled rest day, or just scratch it this week? Black eye Dave

NJ Dave, I know just what you are talking about. My kid was sick this Friday - Saturday. This Sunday I skipped my run because I was tired and Monday was a holiday and then...WHAMMO >Sad I woke up with his damn cold Monday morning. I tried to shrug it off. I even got dressed to run but, in the end, I spent the day laying on the couch in running shorts. Yeah, I'm ticked off.

Prince of Fatness

Reviving an almost 6 year old thread.  That has to be some kind of record.  Nice work!

Oh, and feel better.

Not at it at all. 

xhristopher

Reviving an almost 6 year old thread.  That has to be some kind of record.  Nice work!

Oh, and feel better.

When it comes to threads it's all about the 3Rs.

Sing it Jack.

Jack's gotta be a great camp counselor and just to go off on another tangent... Last month at my son's three day sleep away school camp (I went as chaperone) they did sing alongs in the evening. Musical selections included the Grateful Dead, Beatles, and the Flaming Lips.

Yeah, I'm doing better. Been hacking up aliens tho...