GarminConnect ? (Read 121 times)

Chuck1945

I just purchased a Garmin Forerunner 10 based in part on reviews I read that indicated that while the Forerunner 10's on board display didn't show elevation gains, you could see that once you uploaded the run to GarminConnect. Admittedly I have only done one run sicnce getting the watch two days ago, but I dont seem to be able to find any elevation data even though GarminConnect does show my run and an accurate map. If anyone uses this, could you provide some guidance as to what I need to be doing for this feature to work

beat

Break on through

I use a different watch - the 410, but it doesn't measure elevation directly - it just matches the elevation to wherever you are on the map.  There's nothing special I do to see elevation data on connect.garmin.com.  On my page, there's a box for "Charts" and a box for "Elevation" beneath the map.  If there's a little sideways triangle next to the "Elevation" title, click on it to display the elevation.  Also under the Summary box, there's a Details box with Timing and Elevation - which can also be displayed by clicking the little triangles.

By the way, take the elevation data with a grain of salt....   I just did a 6 mile run entirely on a high school track, and it is showing that I had an elevation gain of 216 feet and elevation loss of 242 feet.

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."

I just purchased a Garmin Forerunner 10 based in part on reviews I read that indicated that while the Forerunner 10's on board display didn't show elevation gains, you could see that once you uploaded the run to GarminConnect. Admittedly I have only done one run sicnce getting the watch two days ago, but I dont seem to be able to find any elevation data even though GarminConnect does show my run and an accurate map. If anyone uses this, could you provide some guidance as to what I need to be doing for this feature to work

Did you update the firmware on the watch to the latest update?

I believe when it was first released it did not show this information, but after a bit it began coming up for the FR10. This was an exclusive issue to the FR10. Update the firmware on the watch and see if it will pop up. I used to have that watch and I believe at some point it did start showing the "GPS" elevation.

Running my way to being a little less fat.

GinnyinPA

I have an FR10 as well.  About 1/3 of the time it won't upload the elevation, the rest of the time it does.  What the website says to do is delete the run from the website (not the watch) and upload it again.  The second time the elevation should show.  I have only done this once, but it worked.

Chuck1945

Thanks for the suggestions. Before using the watch for the first time I had connected to Garmin and downloaded software updates. I just tried deleting the run on GarninConnect and uploading again. The upload again failed to provide any elevation gain. I have done variations of the route before using RunKeeper on my iPhone  aswell as a Garmin Edge on my road bike so I know the approximate gain should have been rather small, perhaps 60-75 feet over 3.5 miles.

Tomorrow i will be doing a long run with approx 700 feet of gain, I shall see if it works this time.