February Biking Outside (Read 1202 times)

Supa Dupa Fly

Post info about your bike and we'll see. did
    Motobecane Mirage Pro road bike. what else ya wanna know? Wink
    ~TC --There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't--
      Every new bike deserves its picture posted (proudly!!). OK, tomorrow's Saturday, LONG BIKE DAY. I'm ready with my toe warmers, my booties, my gloves, and my bad-a$$ attitude. Evil grin
      btb1490

Every new bike deserves its picture posted (proudly!!). OK, tomorrow's Saturday, LONG BIKE DAY. I'm ready with my toe warmers, my booties, my gloves, and my bad-a$$ attitude. Evil grin
        You need to get a jersey that says this on it!
          Well, I did it! Except it was kind of cheating, as the weather was super -- sunny & 40 degrees. The toe warmers REALLY helped. 19 miles or so, no big deal. I have to double that in the next few months. OK, let's hear from someone who did a long bike in rotten weather. (insert bowing smilie)
          waterfordrider

Team Effort

Well, I did it! Except it was kind of cheating, as the weather was super -- sunny & 40 degrees. The toe warmers REALLY helped. 19 miles or so, no big deal. I have to double that in the next few months. OK, let's hear from someone who did a long bike in rotten weather. (insert bowing smilie)
            GOOD START Smile Way to ride. Lord, what I would not do for a nice tropical 40F day. Wink

www.runninngahead.com/groups/5000MC/forum

Cashmason

I always cheat with the weather. 2008 totals Bike: 21h 23m 08s - 336.91 Mi Run: 16h 06m 15s - 88.53 Mi Swim: 6h 09m 20s - 6002.97 Yd
              Cashmason

I can't even imagine riding in sleet, especially on aerobars. How do you keep it or rain off your face while riding? I already crashed leaning into a turn going though water on the street from somebody watering the lawn. Left bits of my flesh all over the road.

Supa Dupa Fly

Every new bike deserves its picture posted (proudly!!).
                  Here she is: Big grin
                  Photobucket
                  ~TC --There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't--
                  waterfordrider

Team Effort

GOOD START Smile Way to ride. Lord, what I would not do for a nice tropical 40F day. Wink
                    Well I finally got my 40 day. It was 50 today but the wind was howling 22 knots gusting to 33 kts. Rode 32.7 miles averaging 21.6 Big grin Hit 33.3 at least once. Of course it always helps when I have my wife take me upwind so it is on my back the whole way Wink Was averaging 25.5 through 17.5 miles but my average was pulled down by the crosswind segments on today's ride. Still a fun ride Smile

Team HTFU NCTR Driver

Well I finally got my 40 day. It was 50 today but the wind was howling 22 knots gusting to 33 kts. Rode 32.7 miles averaging 21.6 Big grin Hit 33.3 at least once. Of course it always helps when I have my wife take me upwind so it is on my back the whole way Wink Was averaging 25.5 through 17.5 miles but my average was pulled down by the crosswind segments on today's ride. Still a fun ride Smile
                      Musta put up a spinnaker, eh? did

waterfordrider

Team Effort

Musta put up a spinnaker, eh? did
                        Sure felt like it. Especially when I was holding over 30 Cool

Team HTFU NCTR Driver

I noticed something about this thread. Smile Smile Big grin Wink Tongue Blush Clowning around Cool Embarrassed Shocked Roll eyes Angry Cry 8 Ball 8 Ball Yes No No No No No No Tight lipped Undecided Undecided Yes Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Roll eyes Sleepy Evil grin Shocked Shy Angry Black eye Embarrassed Shocked Shocked Yeah. Big grin did

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I noticed something about this thread. Smile Smile Big grin Wink Tongue Blush Clowning around Cool Embarrassed Shocked Roll eyes Angry Cry 8 Ball 8 Ball Yes No No No No No No Tight lipped Undecided Undecided Yes Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Roll eyes Sleepy Evil grin Shocked Shy Angry Black eye Embarrassed Shocked Shocked Yeah. Big grin did
                            dork. Roll eyes

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay