inexpensive running clothes (Read 2677 times)

Good tips, thanks all.

- Anya

Giant Flaming Dork

Patagonia Capeline long sleeve in "visible from space" yellow: $8 at Marshalls. Nike 08 Eugene/Beijing t-shirt in crap brown with visible from space blue writing: $4 at Marshalls. Stickman Cotton/Poly running gloves with Marathon Sports logo: Free with a pair of shoes. Racing in a snowstorm and making the constipation face for the camera: Priceless.
      Oddly, the chinese characters on the shirt say "China", not "Beijing"... MTA: Now RA can be seen from space, too.

http://xkcd.com/621/

This is why I run

If you have time to shop around, check out www.steepandcheap.com. I've bought some smartwool socks (2 pack for $12) from there and a cw-x vest ($20). They have shirts quite a bit and occasionaly shorts. I'd second the C9 gear at Target, but probably one of the best places is a marathon expo. I bought 2 pair of shoes at the Baltimore Marathon expo and some really nice Under Armour shirts for next to nothing.
        Clydesdales shouldn't run in Five Fingers!
          I need at least 3 new shirts, 2 shorts, 3 hats, and 1 bra. I have no money. All the tech shirts are at least $25 ( or more ) And hats are between $15 and $20. Any suggestions?
          ROSS!!! it's that time of year and my ross had a ton of GOOD workout clothing. Nike dryfit pants for 12 dollars, 30 dollar sports bras for 6 bucks etc. Seriously, give it a try but the season just started so you will need to get there quick before it gets all picked over.
          You may find my running Vlog at Run Cast TV and my running log here
            tech shirts seem to hold the body odor in a bit too much? Is that normal - my other cotton shirts come out of the wash fine?
            Completely agree. I hate tech shirts. Other than ones races give out...I won't get anymore. 50/50 cotton is definitely the way to go. Breathable, comfy and doesn't get stinky! So Anya, did your mom check the fabric store for 50/50 blends? Surely they carry that? Otherwise Target does have some great Champion 50/50 t-shirts for I think around $9.99? Or at least they did last season.

50 halfs by age 50

Thanks, I'll try them. Why are they so expensive!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, my Mom sews. She says the fabric stores do NOT sell the dri wicking fabric at all. How weird is that?
              She can find it online, just have to do a bit of searching. If you catch the sales at Target or Joe's, it's cheaper to buy premade than sew your own.

*Mel* //  "A lot of people run a race to see who's the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts." - Steve Prefontaine