Progress (Read 1029 times)

I look my best blurry!

Dreamless and I went out last night and we were talking about how I felt after my first HM in Oct of '09. After that race I was dead.  I nearly hit the wall in that race.  The evening after the race my legs swelled terribly. We went to a formal event for the Steelers and I barely made ot there. I limped around for weeks.  I iced and ace wrapped just so I was able to get around!!!  Almost 3 years later, and with lots of running under my belt, I ran a half marathon yesterday. I got effortlessly faster during the run instead of doing a death march to the finish.  I didn't ice my legs afterwards and didn't really need to.  I feel great and ready to go.  The miles I've put in over the last few years have really changed my body and my ability significantly.  That's a pretty cool sign of progress.  Thanks for encouraging me and getting me to the point to where a half marathon isn't a huge overwhelming accomplishment.  It's a training run.  That is pretty cool!  Thank you Nobby. wannaberunner
    stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

That's wonderful.  Your accomplishments sound pretty significant.

Keep on truck'n!

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

I look my best blurry!

I'm not quite to the point where 13.1 is just another day at the office though, like some of you! Knifey for example!

SMART Approach

Great news! Thanks for the update. Here is to a healthy 2012 and beyond!

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Congrats Wannabe!  It's been quite a journey, hasn't it? Smile

Great to hear you're back out there and tearing it up again!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

I look my best blurry!

I'm terrified of Monkeys though!

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Great job! An inspiration for sure!

bob e v
                  2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Great job! An inspiration for sure!

+1

steph  

#artbydmcbride

I'm terrified of Monkeys though!

We all are!

Runners run

I'm not quite to the point where 13.1 is just another day at the office though, like some of you! Knifey for example!

I can't run fast so I just run a lot!  Smile 

Your story is inspiring, and I always love seeing what you're going to conquer next.  You're pretty cool.

I look my best blurry!

Thanks all! Next up is Boston. Not ready for anything fancy this year because of that darn Monkey business but this is going to be a good year. Lots of plans to train for the future.
                          BeeRunB

Great, inspiring status report. Thanks so much for posting it!
                            Cool

Jimmy