Fatal Error (Read 246 times)

DantheMan

I am trying to enter my run from this morning and am getting a "fatal error." As I did not die on this run, I thought I would let you know of this error. Thank you!

-Find your happy pace.

I will call off the memorial service and 1 Mile Fun Run that was planned in your memory. ; )

On another note, how do I stop this underline??!

eric :)

Hi JMUDanTheMan,

How did you enter your run?  Some possible options are:

• Manually via the New Run form
        • Imported from a GPS file
        • Saved using a smart phone app

eric Smile

npaden

I'm trying to upload my run from tonight and also getting a fatal error.  It is a gpx file from runkeeper.

I tried it again and it gave another fatal error, then I exited out and tried it a 3rd time and it worked.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

I'm surprised that it worked.  Runkeeper files are very error prone.  I wrote them an email a few weeks ago asking them to ensure these bugs won't happen.  Could you send me the file so I can take a look?  Thanks!

DantheMan

I manually entered  your run via "New Run." Via the website.

-Find your happy pace.

DantheMan

Nevermind Eric. It resolved itself. Everyone is alive and well. I'm off to go play in traffic.

-Find your happy pace.

dumrunner

I just got the error after uploading a gpx file from Strava and adding details in the edit workout form and then trying to save it. But when I check the workouts page, the workout is there.

Hi Dumrunner,

Could you send me the GPX file to support@runningahead.com so I can take a look?  Thanks!

eric Smile

Craig

I had this error for my last two entries, but cannot replicate it now.  On my pc, Firefox on Windows 10.  First one was editing an entry created from RunForth.  The second was a manual entry.  The changes were made even though it gave me the fatal error,  After that, I created another entry and edited it five times and had no errors.  So, it seems to be working now.

Prince of Fatness

Not sure if this is related, but for the last several days I have been getting error messages when pulling up existing workouts.  It only happens sometimes, and a message box pops up briefly and disappears.  The workout then comes up fine.  The message goes away so fast that the only way for me to read it was to capture a screen shot and paste it into Word.  Here is the message....

Unable to load https://www.runningahead.com/WebServices/Ajax.asmx/GetWorkoutDetailsHTML status:0

Not at it at all. 

Hi MrFinn

I don't think they're related.  Your situation sounded like a session timeout, where you left the browser open for, say, over an hour, and then you try to do something.  The error message you included suggests that the JavaScript is using a stale token to access the data, which the server had rejected.

I'm still trying to track down UncleCranky's problem.  I haven't found any server errors that link the problems, yet.

runmichigan

I just saved five runs that were automatically imported to RA from GarminConnect.  I then went in to edit each to add notes and update shoe information and the like.  For each one I received a fatal error when I clicked on the Save button after editing.  However, when I navigated back to the workout via the calendar all the updates I had made were saved.

Fatal Error

An unexpected error occurred while processing your request. If this problem persists, please contact me.

I am using a desktop with Windows 7 and Chrome Version 52.0.2743.116 m (64-bit).  I have been using this system for awhile and just started getting these errors this week.

GinnyinPA

I just manually entered a new run,  walk and bike ride.  On each I got the "Fatal Error" message.  Same happened yesterday, but I can't remember whether that was from a manual entry or an import from Garmin.  In each case, it was evidently saved, since the activities all show on my calendar.

Prince of Fatness

Hi MrFinn

I don't think they're related.  Your situation sounded like a session timeout, where you left the browser open for, say, over an hour, and then you try to do something.  The error message you included suggests that the JavaScript is using a stale token to access the data, which the server had rejected.

Agree that this may be a separate issue. However, if it was a session timeout issue you'd think that it would be consistent.  I was tapping workouts (iPhone) one by one and the message box would come up roughly half of the time. And this only started happening no more than a week ago.

Anyway, since this seems to be unrelated and is not keeping me from doing anything, I will drop it here. I can always start a new thread if it becomes a problem.    Thanks.

Not at it at all.