Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Ran my first half today!  my goal was 2:30 and I came in at 2:24:42!  Very happy with that.  Hit the wall from mile 8 - 11, got a second wind and was able to finish the last 2.1 pretty strong.  Have to say one of the hardest things I have ever done, but that said, already looking for my next.  The felling at the end was amazing!  I started running 1 year ago and just completed my first half marathon! 

Outstanding!!  There was a time that you wouldn't have dreamed you would ever run 13 miles, wasn't there?  Congratulations on your first amazing year, and may there be many more!

yeah what he said.  Very cool!!!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

My victory was finishing my long run. It was the warmest day I've run in this spring. I carried water thankfully and drank often. But that last mile was really tough. I went out thinking I should do 7 miles and I did 7.1 so I'm happy with that even if it wasn't always perfect. Smile

WTG! Ran past the finish line.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

philipfromga

New PR in a 5K, which since its only my 3rd isn't the amazing part,  but i finished in less than 27 minutes.  I forgot to hit the button on my watch but the timer was at 26:58 when I ran by it so until I get the exact chip time I'm going with 27:00.  Just 28 weeks ago I was barely able to run 27 secs without stopping and now I am running 10 miles training for a HM and running 5K in 27 minutes.  I'm really looking forward to the HM and amazed at my times.  Can't believe how fast I have progressed and really didn't think I could go that fast.  It just happened.  Thanks to RA for its help, support, and motivation.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

New PR in a 5K, which since its only my 3rd isn't the amazing part,  but i finished in less than 27 minutes.  I forgot to hit the button on my watch but the timer was at 26:58 when I ran by it so until I get the exact chip time I'm going with 27:00.  Just 28 weeks ago I was barely able to run 27 secs without stopping and now I am running 10 miles training for a HM and running 5K in 27 minutes.  I'm really looking forward to the HM and amazed at my times.  Can't believe how fast I have progressed and really didn't think I could go that fast.  It just happened.  Thanks to RA for its help, support, and motivation.

Congrats. Which HM?

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

philipfromga

Its the Dawsonville Half Marathon on June 9.  It'll probably be pretty warm then but my goal is only to finish one then worry about getting it done faster the next time.  Hope your knee is feeling better.

Total running miles: I crossed the 2000-mile mark yesterday.  Victory!

vegefrog

Impressive!! That's a lot of miles!!

I got a new 5K PR today! Have been trying to break 24 minutes since January. Today I finally did it with a 23:24!! WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Feels so good! Smile

I started running seriously again today after three years following a broken leg.  Hoping to run a half-marathon by the end of summer. (and some 5ks for fun).

5k: 20:00

8k: 30:00

10k: 35:00

I live on a hill.  The big kinda hill.  Every workout is a hill workout.

xor

I started running seriously again today after three years following a broken leg.  Hoping to run a half-marathon by the end of summer. (and some 5ks for fun).

Woohoo!  Good luck.  When I started running again, it was after an 8 year absence and some health stuff.  I ran my first half marathon 7ish months later.  12 years on, I'm still running.  It all starts with  the first day.  Congrats.

Also:  I was wondering who he was.  I am glad to find out he is you.

Its been a great past 10 days for y racing! In track last Thursday I broke 5 with a 4:53 helping my mile medley team take 2nd! And today I ran my first 5k in close to a year and PR'd by a ton with a 17:37 taking 2nd out of 80 some people!!! The only thing that would make this week better would be a chance to break 11 for my 2mile. Big grin

Ran my second race yesterday, the same 5K I ran last May:

• Shaved almost 3 minutes off my time (32:05 last year, 29:08 this year);
                          • Broke 30:00, which was my goal.  Also broke the 10:00/mile barrier (which of course you have to if you're going to run 3.1 miles in under 30 minutes);
                          • Hit a max speed (according to my Garmin FR60 and related footpod) of 8.5 mph (7:04 pace) in the last 100 meters, which is WAY, WAY faster than I've run in the past 30 years!

So, in case you can't tell...

I"M A VERY HAPPY GUY! 

Smile

"It's hard to dance with a devil on your back, so shake him off, oh wo-oh!" - Florence Welch (Florence + The Machine) - Shake It Out

Wing

Joggaholic

I ran my very first ultra! It is not a race though, just ultra-looped my weekend long run to 33 miles (I hit 50K at 5:38:31). It's 60% concrete and 40% well-groomed dirt trail in the park. I'm not adventurous enough to run a real trail or enter a race yet. I didn't really prepare for it as I didn't carb-load nor intentionally taper (just happened to have low mileage weeks prior due to sniffles and poor weather). I did respect the distance by forcing myself into a 1-minute-walk-for-every-mile pattern from the beginning, which is a new routine to me. I'm so glad I didn't go gung-ho and tried to run my normal pace in the beginning. It feels so different from running a marathon (or maybe I just didn't do it right?). I had a feeling that 40 miles is not out of the question if I do properly prepare for one. This run is a huge confidence boost and makes ultra running seem less scary (ever so slightly).

Run Wild

My big victory for the day is that I am capable of walking!  Just finished the Ice Age Trail 50 miler, that is one tough run!

Congrats dpcrouse!

This weekend was my first ultra.  Darkside 8-hour run in Peachtree City, Ga.  35.96 miles.  It was fun.