Bulk edit of workouts (Read 1207 times)

Is there or is there a feature planned that will allow you to edit many workouts at once? I'd like to be able to change the equipment for a string of workouts without having to go in each one.

+1 for this request !

Definitely agree with this request!

Running my way to being a little less fat.

Another +1.  E.g., maybe I change what my run type meaning is, to combine two types or split one type based on distance.  I think with a filtered query (e.g., for me all 'Recovery' runs that are longer than 5 miles), it'd be nice if an edit could apply to all which were found meeting that criteria.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

eric :)

I'll try to add it for the next log upgrade.

Bumping this request. Editing some workouts today and would be useful.

carolineee

+1

I just switched from another site and bulk edit would be very handy (even with the import tool, which was great btw).

caractacus

Yes, definitely. I was just looking to see if I could bulk add the running shoes I've been using since July to all workouts since. Hardly urgent but a nice to have. 

sluggo

John

I would be happy to just designate my currently default shoe and have that entered when I do my garmin upload.

It seems like this would be similar to having a default weight.

Eric, thanks for keeping RA running.

John
                    www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

sluggo

John

How about this?

"Download training data to your computer" from Training Log > Tools.

This gets all of your data on a tab delimited txt file that excel and other spreadsheet tools can read. This worked great when I just wanted to see the default runs where I did not make an "equipment" (shoe) entry. I then went in and edited each run as needed one at a time.

I DON'T KNOW if one could use this procedure to make bulk edits and then upload the entire tab delimited spreadsheet back into my RA login without a double entry. If I was really ambitious, I could create a new user name, and test this out.

Surely a tool like this could be used for bulk edits in some way.

John
                      www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

ericmoret

:bump:

Just began using RA, uploaded ~100 activities from another service.  Now, I'd like to add my shoes to all of them.