How do people track running equipment? (Read 592 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

One of the members (mikeymike) who is really into bike gear was listing all these different pieces of bike equipment that he changes out on a bike, and that he'd have to track separately if he wanted to really be serious.

I'm not serious about the bike, but I'd like to be fast and serious on the run like him, a little (well, I'll never be that fast -- but I'd like to be faster) -- so I was wondering if I should be tracking which shirt I wear and which shorts, and stuff, in case they have some effect on my speed?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

an amazing likeness

Are you drunk? 

Or just trying to stir the pot for swamp points?

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

I think tracking of most recent poop time should be included.  But shirt would help only if you could input when the shirt was last washed.

Dunottar

- so I was wondering if I should be tracking which shirt I wear and which shorts, and stuff, in case they have some effect on my speed?

Yes, this is critical. 

I assume you've been properly fitted for shirts and shorts by a professional haberdasher,...preferably one whose got several sub-3:00 marathons under his belts.

Dunottar

I think tracking of most recent poop time should be included.

Volume is helpful as well. I also track consistency, color, shape, etc,.....but I tend to be a bit anal about such things.

Lazy idiot

Are you drunk? 

Or just trying to stir the pot for swamp points?

False dichotomy for $200.

Tick tock

A Saucy Wench

I personally have run a DOE on all my running gear.  Shoes, socks, shorts, shirt, bra and hat.  6 variables makes for a lot of running.  It is really why I run after all, otherwise I would probably just stick to 2-3 miles 3 days a week and call it good.  But the call for data must be answered.   It's either this or go back to a job that pays me actual money.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

MoBramExam

...but I'd like to be fast and serious on the run like him, a little (well, I'll never be that fast -- but I'd like to be faster) --  

Don't think there's much aerodynamic analysis necessary here; the shirts and shorts will move faster than the (above) average person because you're in them.  You're already fast enough to wear whatever running gear you want and not look the least bit like a "poser".