Stomach Sloshing (Read 1502 times)

This is a consistant issue that has been bothering me since, roughly, mid october. It has become progressively worse since then. Basically, I go out for my runs, and while it doesn't really HURT, it is incredibly annoying and loud, to the point where others that I am running with can clearly hear(the entire run). Sometimes its louder than others, particularly midday, after lunch. The obvious solution to wait longer after my meals to run, which I have tried, to the point where I am practically starving, and it still occurs, though it does seem to be worse on a full or half full stomach. Even when I run first thing in the morning it still occurs, if only a little bit, but since I am not such a morning guy, and I have morning classes, this does not work out. So the next thing I turned to was my diet, I eliminated certian things(milk, gum, peanut butter ect..) out of my diet for several days to see if a certian food was causing it, but I have yet to find what food, specifcally, is doing it. Recently, I have come to believe that maybe its being caused by eating meat or food with a lot of protein, but I really don't want to believe that, because I don't want to be a vegetarian. Its been making my runs miserable, to the point where I quit track(I run in college), and, if you check my log, lately, I've been going on 5 and 6 day streaks of not running at all, and if you look back to cross country season, you'll see that this is unlike me, as I rarely missed a day in season(despite suffering through this for half the season). I have contemplated quitting running because of this but I really don't want to do that. I should mention that this doesn't occur ONLY when running, it happens when I do just about anything; walking up stairs, jumping, even SHOVELING). Something is clearly wrong, I just can't figure it out. I should also mention that I have been living off cafeteria food at college, though I eat very healthy. Since coming home for vacation, though, the situation has gotten somewhat better. So my question to you guys is if you have any suggestions, ideas, or know of any websites/places/people I could ask about this?(I have already gotten a doctors appt, who told me that it had something to do with digestive bacteria and recommended eating yogurt for the good bacteria, this did not work).
    2008 Goals Mile- Sub 4:50 2Mile- Sub 10:15 5k- Sub 16:50 5 Mile- Sub 27:00
      Bump
      seeEricaRun

Awesome

I used to have this problem on and off, back when I used to do Taekwondo. Unfortunately, I don't remember what the problem or solution was (if there was one), so I can't help you, just let you know that I've been there. It drove me crazy. It happens occasionally now, but only if I drink too much water just before or during a run.

Just Be

Sounds like you're drinking more liquid than your body needs (based on the fact that you have waited until you're starving and still have the issue).
          UpNorth

I agree with Runner92. When it is hot out and I'm going for a long run I will load up on water before I head out the door and I'll slosh something fierce. I'll add that your doctor is full of you know what if he thinks digestive bacteria is going to help -- that stuff lives in your intestines and I doubt they are sloshing around. Have you tried to go out for a run without drinking anything an hour or more before hand?
              I agree with Runner92. When it is hot out and I'm going for a long run I will load up on water before I head out the door and I'll slosh something fierce. I'll add that your doctor is full of you know what if he thinks digestive bacteria is going to help -- that stuff lives in your intestines and I doubt they are sloshing around. Have you tried to go out for a run without drinking anything an hour or more before hand?
              Yes, I've gone without drinking anything an hour before, 2 hrs before, ect.. I've tried a bunch of different things as this has been plaguing me for a while now. I previously thought it had something to do with liquids and too much water but it doesn't seem to be the issue. I have a feeling its food related rather than water related, I've always drank a lot of water and I was fine up until a few months ago when it started. Thanks for the suggestions