Tree Pollen (Read 5959 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

#1 on my current list of things that suck. My head hurts, throat hurts, sinuses are plugged...and this is with TWO prescription allergy meds (Allegra and Singulair). Gah, I wish we'd get a hard rain to clear the crap out of the air and off of everything. My car has a nasty yellow dust on it. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Sorry. That sucks. My wife has bad allergies, too. Her theme song should be "I'm Only Happy When It Rains." Sad

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sorry. That sucks. My wife has bad allergies, too. Her theme song should be "I'm Only Happy When It Rains." Sad
        Cool Garbage reference. Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Cool Garbage reference.
          Yeah, I think they're excellent. Recently added some of their tunes to my running playlist.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have several Garbage tracks that I like...I don't think I actually have any on my running playlists, though. I should take a listen to those ones that you have added recently. k

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Get thee some Flonase. And change to Zyrtec.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Right now I'm wishin' I was back on a nasal steroid. Last year I did Nasacort AQ for a while, but it was so freakin' expensive, even with insurance. For a month or two it would be worth it, though. I think if things get much worse that I will definitely be calling my PCP. He really is a fan of nasal steroids and I think Flonase was his suggestion for the next course of action. k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Get thee some Flonase. And change to Zyrtec.
                  My wife has had a fair amount success with these, esp. the Flonase. But everyone's nose is different... Smile

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You may also want to take a burst of oral steroids.
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You may also want to take a burst of oral steroids.
                      How does this work? Is it just a short-term thing? I could swear one of my siblings was on something like this years ago for respiratory stuff. k

~ Sarah Kay

I'm only happy when it rains. Hubby calls me Morticia. I use flonase and clarinex. It works fine in the fall and winter. I need something else for spring. It's been awful this year. Won't zyrtec make me drowsy?
                        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

How does this work? Is it just a short-term thing? I could swear one of my siblings was on something like this years ago for respiratory stuff. k
                          Five days of steroids. Or a single shot. If you do go with the oral version, DO NOT let your doc give you a dose pack. Just tell doc that s/he ain't gonna blow out your adrenals and it is a whole lot easier to take a single dose every morning and be done with it than to chew on the nasty pills all day and keep track of a taper. Or get a shot.
                            #1 on my current list of things that suck. My head hurts, throat hurts, sinuses are plugged...and this is with TWO prescription allergy meds (Allegra and Singulair). Gah, I wish we'd get a hard rain to clear the crap out of the air and off of everything. My car has a nasty yellow dust on it. k
                            I was talking about you this morning while out on the trails with hubby. I'm finding it really hard to breathe too...infact, (gross part/TMI coming..., shut your eyes you faint of heart people) I'm coughing up green chunks. That's probably a sign I should go somewhere and be seen, isn't it? Big grin But realllllly hard to breathe right now and I'm on Allegra and Nasonex!!! I'm really eyeing my son's inhaler. LOL
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It is hella humid out there. I think that's half of my breathing problem--I'll bet that's bothering you, too, Joni. The air is warm enough and the lakes are still so cold that there is a LOT of mist/vapor coming off of them. I actually find that the drier air bothers my asthma less than the humid stuff. k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, yeah...and green chunks would have me in to see the doctor ASAP. I don't mess with green stuff. k

~ Sarah Kay