Too much pee (Read 1494 times)

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Since changing to a "healthier" diet 6+ years ago I have felt like the kid that has to check out each and every bathroom in each and every store.   I get up in night at least three times.  Had to stop during training runs multiple times.  I assumed that it was caused by the change in diet.  Even when pregnant I never went to the bathroom this much. 

However,  the last six months or more I noticed that i wasn't going so much.    Still up at night.  Still more than pre- diet change.  But I could run many miles with out having to stop.   Don't think that I changed any thing.

But a few weeks ago it came back with a vengeance.  Until my first marathon a couple weeks ago I had never had to stop to pee during any races.    Had to stop twice in the first 10 miles (the only liquids before race - a half cup of coffee three hours before race).  

Slow training run this morning-- I had to stop three times.   What gives!  Ideas?

No, not thirsty.    Blood work always okay. 

steph  

A Saucy Wench

are you actually peeing a lot when you stop to pee or do you just feel like you really really need to go but only go a small amount.

My guess is either low level bladder infection (mine clear up on their own and have no other symptoms but while I have them I pee about 14 times a day)

or fatigue associated with marathon training (possibly in combination with weak pelvic floor) causing some bruising on the bladder that now gets irritated every time you run.  I've also had this.  In this instance I ONLY get the urgency when running but if I continue to run I can lose bladder control as continually irritating it deadens actual signals.

but I am not a doctor nor did I stay at a holiday inn, I just like sharing my own bladder woes on the webs. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Large volumes or small volumes?

How much are you drinking?

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Ennay, Trent,

Nope not urinary track thing.  I've had that long ago and this isn't the same.

No pain etc.

Large quantities. Especially compared to urinary track infection!

Doesn't come on quickly just too often.  

I do know that when we visit family or stay in a hotel environment it is less often.

So, another reason that i thought that it might be diet related.  

I don't drink that much--I know not helpful.  I'm not more thirsty then before.

Night before marathon it was huge amounts though.  Only that night.

steph  

Sees-the-Ground

barefootin'

Could it just be over-hydration?  

Bill Wagnon / stl

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

TO, might you be retaining water, then having it flush out?  Hormonal, perhaps?  My fluid intake doesn't vary much from day to day, but I'll have those days where I feel like I'm always having to pee, without having drunk enough to support the amount of fluid that I'm literally pissing away.  I suspect it's a cyclical thing, but I've never really bothered to track it.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Sees, Zoomy,

I don't think that i over hydrate.  Not on a regular basis any wayWink

Definitely over the retaining water cyclical thing.  

But yes, it does seem that more is out put than in put.

After all this time no other symptoms.  Just so annoying really.

I know that i must take in much less salt than i when using more processed foods

and such.

Thats all i got. 

steph  

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ooh, are you eating a lot more in the way of carbs on some days, then significantly less on others?  If I eat a carb-heavy diet for a few days, then less on others I will experience a noticeable release of water-retention/bloat after a day or two of reduced starches.

I predict I will be peeing a lot more in the coming week after this weekend's overindulgence in the form of breads and potatoes and sweets and wine. Blush

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Ooh, are you eating a lot more in the way of carbs on some days, then significantly less on others?  If I eat a carb-heavy diet for a few days, then less on others I will experience a noticeable release of water-retention/bloat after a day or two of reduced starches.

I predict I will be peeing a lot more in the coming week after this weekend's overindulgence in the form of breads and potatoes and sweets and wine. Blush

That's for sure for this week!  Too much of every thing!  But so worth it.

I was thinking that too much in the way of carbs caused problems for the night before

the marathon and marathon but that would have been to soon after consuming the carbs.  I think.

And this has been a consistent  problem for years.  Just got much worse that night.

steph  

Since changing to a "healthier" diet 6+ years ago

Can you describe your diet change?  i.e. does a meal consist of a cucumber, celery, tomato and raw onion salad with a cup of coffee?  What does your salt intake look like?

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Nope, pretty much eat like a horse.  Just that it is mostly home cooked and not many processed pre-packaged things.

Breads (that is mostly store bought) meat/poultry, vegetables, fruit, p-butter, eggs.  That sort of thing.  Not too many sweets.

Only eat out once a week if that.  So, salt is just what I cook with and at table for the most part.

steph  

tomatolover

I've had issues with too much pee in the past, though mine was due to a neurological issue messing with my brain and telling me I had to pee all the time (kinda like the gotta go gotta go gotta go right now advertisements).  It was a total drag and would come on when I was stressed and/or overtired and would kick into full throttle when I was on an airplane in a window seat Confused  My doc prescribed something (don't remember what ) that lessened the insane urgency and it eventually went away when the stress lessened and  I haven't taken it in over 10 years. Have you seen a doc?

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

sixelagogo,

No, I haven't really discussed it with him.  Not being overly thirsty and glucose numbers always okay.  Since it did start with the change in diet I assumed that it was caused by less salt more fruit/veg.  Definitely not the gotta go, gotta go thing.  

I just kind of went with it thinking that I was eating more liquid type things and less salt.

But the night before the marathon really freaked me out.  Even my DH was like:  "First time you went should have been good for all night!"

(Hotel room bed was very close to squeaky doored bathroom).  

Then I had to go three more times of same quantity during that night.  Even I was thinking where is this all of this coming from!  This after mostly carbs for the previous few days.  Salty McDonald's fish and fries at lunch even.  Pasta dinner etc.  Not a lot of liquid stuff.

Morning- only had half cup of coffee, banana and pop tart in morning - no other liquid.  And still had to stop twice

before 10 miles.  But the hotel room thing was just amazing.  I don't know...

steph  

zonykel

Possibly diabetes? May want to see a Dr. anyway.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Possibly diabetes? May want to see a Dr. anyway.

No thirst and blood glucose levels have always been good.  

But yes,  I am a few months over due for my annual maint. checkSmile

steph