looking for a spring marathon ... (Read 1067 times)

Kings Canyon NP 07'

Big Sur is always a good time to test out your spring legs.......4/26 http://www.bsim.org/site3.aspx

left-right-left-right-repeat

Here's another one I've got my eye on, although I'm hoping Boston will be my Spring marathon next year. The Greater Springfield Harriers put on the 47th Annual Walter Childs Memorial Race of Champions Marathon. It's supposed to be a small, friendly race with a challenging course. It don't think it would be all that far for you Stephen. Providence was a hilly course, with some first year hiccups. They'll probably work to improve on the issues, it might be worth thinking about. You can probably find reviews on marathonguide.com for most if not all the races mentioned here.
      Hey dawg ,I have this one as a possibilty.That is, if I ever get good enough base miles for a marathon .I do know the course well .it's near where I live ,beautiful start around a lake ,decent back roads in the middle section ,but omg killer finish going up Mount Tom . I might try some sections to gage where I'm at ,and to see if that mountian road is doable .