Downtown Dash, Fremont MI (Read 629 times)

Hee hee hee hee hee.... I entered my two kids, 4 & 7, in a little 1/2 mile race today. We've been "training" for it (like a handful of times) around our 1/2 mile trail on our property. This was their first race ever! The "director" said they didn't have a gun, so he was just going to say, "Racers on your mark. Go!". He did, they took off, and I realized "What am I doing? My 7 yr old's not going to stay with my 4 yr old and it's wayyy too crowded for my comfort level to just let him go by himself!" So, I went along with him...sort of. They took off at typical 4 yr old speeds of...ohhh...what was it? ...probably like a 3 minute mile- felt like it anyway!!? Tongue I about keeled over as he and his brother went on ahead. I thought, "Hope he makes it back!" as I gasped for air. I caught him shortly after and then sprinted ahead of him again to take the pic of him running. His brother had already finished before we did. I took one of him too, but somehow it's not on my camera. Of course, I was running when I was doing all of this, so I might not have pushed the button right or something. Sad We met his brother and they enjoyed some popsicles and their "gift" yo-yos! And guess what!? My 4 yr old got 2nd place in his age group! Big brother has trophies in his room and he has none, so he was SO geeked that he now has one too!! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
      That's awesome! My kids were very happy when they got a trophy in their last kids run. Every weekend they have been asking me when the next kids race will be.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

OMG, Joni...look at his form! He's a natural...and that photo of him with his trophy is precious! What a sweetie. Looks like his Krispy Kreme carb-up from yesterday paid off! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

That's awesome! My kids were very happy when they got a trophy in their last kids run. Every weekend they have been asking me when the next kids race will be.
          Exactly what's happening over here!! Now that my littlest got a trophy, my older son has *GOT* to run another race and get one too! Big grin
            Looks like his Krispy Kreme carb-up from yesterday paid off!
            LMBO!! Yeah! I wonder if that'll work for me!??
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

LMBO!! Yeah! I wonder if that'll work for me!??
              It's always worth experimentation...you know, in the name of Science.... Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

It's always worth experimentation...you know, in the name of Science....
                Yes, yes. Exactly. In the name of Sciass. What else would I have been talking about!? Clowning around
                  What a cutie pie! Look at those velcro shoes! Wink Congrats to him !
                  2009: BQ?
                  btb1490

Congrats to both of your guys on completing their first race, and congrats to mom for doing the training with them and keeping them inspired! Winning trophies helps a lot too! Wink Great photos, how can you look at them and not smile from ear to ear? Smile I love how the race # is almost as big as his entire torso! If you ever perfect being able to take photos while on the run, let me know how!