I did it! (Read 713 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Still don't know my time, but I know it was under 32 minutes from starting gun to finish. I think my actual time from the start line to the finish line was probably around 30:30 - 31 minutes. Not really much distance from the front to the back of the pack. I hope things will be online soon; when they are I will post. I had a great time...only downside is that quite a bit of the course was up LONG gradual hills--I would have preferred a few shorter, steeper ones. I also forgot to use my inhaler beforehand :smacks head:, but it wasn't real humid or warm, so my breathing seemed pretty OK for most of it. And the route is really very pretty...views of Muskegon Lake from up high in some older, very pretty neighborhoods full of massive, well-maintained homes, then winding along through smaller neighborhoods. I was feeling pretty meh for the last mile, but then the for maybe the last 40-50 yards I had some pep come out of nowhere and sprinted the last little bit--only to be overtaken by some whippersnapper little girls! Wink Speaking of kids, there were a LOT of 12 and under, even a few little guys around my son's age, which really surprised me. Next year he will be 6.5, so maybe I can have him run with me for fun. Smile Coolest part of the race is that I made a friend. While looking for a spot to start I spotted a gal who looked about my age and body type towards the slower back of the pack, so I figured maybe she was someone I could run with--turns out she was. Also turns out we are the same age, both moms of one boy, both were competing in our first race, and both started running at about the same time this past Spring. She lives 45 minutes north of me, so we plan to get together for runs fairly often. She got my # and plans to call...I will definitely tell her about this site! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ok, here's my stats for my 5k: 31st out of 42 women in my age category Time: 31:13 Pace: 10:03 Exactly where I had hoped to be. Next year I want to be in the top half of the 15k field for my age. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Whoot! And faster than your "Virtual" time of 32:00! Way to go, Kirsten! Cool Cool Cool And yes, bring your friend! The more the merrier!

Roads were made for journeys...

Congrats on a great race! Wink and the new friend!
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Great Job!!! Next time, under 30:00, and then it is all downhill from there Wink
              Well done, ZZ! Great combination--great time, and a great time!
              My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Great Job!!! Next time, under 30:00, and then it is all downhill from there Wink
                Yep--though next time I do that race I plan to do the 15k! Big grin Thanks everyone! Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And for a little more post-ho'in, some pics from the day: CLICK Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Cool shots! Say... does your stretching partner need a job? I think I could find him some work at the next race... Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

How does it pay--we could use an extra income in the family! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Whooo hooo hooo blondie!!! :beaming proudly: Atta girl & all that good stuff. I wish I could have been there to watch you! We'll have to do the next one together. Congrats on the time. You are going to be kicking my slow rear soon!!!
                        So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
                          congrats!!! great job, you did it! Wink

Jennifer mm#1231

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Congrats on the time. You are going to be kicking my slow rear soon!!!
                            Ha--weren't you pulling about a 10 minute pace for the 5/3 25k?! I can't imagine running that fast for more than 3 miles! :P k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

congrats!!! great job, you did it! Wink
                              Maybe someday I will be saying "I did it!" after running a marathon, like you recently did--THAT is a truly amazing accomplishment! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Congrats! Way to finish under your planned goal! You did it and we're all very proud. People that run marathons started out with 5ks too, and you'll get there soon enough.