Best sunscreen for heavy sweaters? (Read 1370 times)

I would have thought a heavy sweater would give plenty of protection on its own.

My bad. I thought it was bad form to read the whole thread before posting. Perhaps I've got my message boards confused.

The highest use of human freedom is to commit to something -- C.S. Lewis

I would have thought a heavy sweater would give plenty of protection on its own.

Normally there is a penalty for making a joke that has already been made twice (not including a "+1") in a thread but you added a picture which is considered adding value, if only marginally.

Just note this was pretty close to a violation and you're being watched.

Runners run.

L Train

It's a Cinderella story.

L Train

My bad. I thought it was bad form to read the whole thread before posting. Perhaps I've got my message boards confused.

Now you've gone and removed a picture that was already quoted.  Hmm. 

F*** me. I blame the curse of the bat.

Why would you need sunscreen if you are wearing a heavy sweater? Ha ha aha hahah a. I crack me up.

MTA: Wait. Someone already said that?

All of you are missing the real issue here. The question should be Why does a 'sweater' need sunscreen.  

I'll be here all day

Heavier sweaters often do not have a close weave. This leaves gaps that may offer little to no protection. Still, to your point, it would seem easier to treat your skin before putting on the sweater.

Heavy's a sweater.  Oh, yeah. 

And thanks.  As I tried to turn 22-second quarter-quarters this morning, all I kept hearing was "various levels of dilapidation."

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

And thanks.  As I tried to turn 22-second quarter-quarters this morning, all I kept hearing was "various levels of dilapidation."

You know, 100m isn't a quarter-quarter of a mile. You would need to run 100.584m to call it a quarter-quarter. Just saying in case dr brad drops by.

I look my best blurry!

Ladies don't sweat, they glow.

Perspire occasionally.

Hmmm... Guess I should have paid more attention to my title before posting! I'll try the Neutrogena spray- I'm much too lazy for lotion. I never reapply. I'm afraid I would feel like double sided sticky tape afterward.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

Hmmm... Guess I should have paid more attention to my title before posting!

Please don't.  This thread wouldn't have half the panache with a more pedestrian (heehee) title.

Well at least someone here is making relevance to the subject. - S.J.

Needs more cowbell!

Hmmm... Guess I should have paid more attention to my title before posting! I'll try the Neutrogena spray- I'm much too lazy for lotion. I never reapply. I'm afraid I would feel like double sided sticky tape afterward.

I was sorta lazy about sunblock, too, until my hubby spent a day in surgery having a melanoma and a lymph node removed just over a year ago.  Contemplating widow-hood at age 37 really put my formerly lax sunblock application into perspective (and after a person's had skin cancer they have to have frequent skin checks...EVERY inch of skin is examined...even the ones that have never seen the sun and require, um, cheek-spreading).  That, and I kinda like getting carded in my late 30s, even when women younger than I at the same table don't. Evil

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

Kunland, you live in Tennessee and it has been hot.  What do you need a heavy sweater for?

Dang.  Wannabe beat me.

El Guapo needed one in Mexico, so I do not think living in Tennessee makes one not need a heavy sweater.

A related question is what type of sunscreen do you need for a leather jacket ?