Runners Age More Slowly, Study Says (Read 998 times)

redleaf

What I hate is when my uterus falls out.
    lovely... it wasn't that long ago that doctor's truly believed this. What annoys me today is stuff like this: http://www.coreperformance.com/article.php?p=3&s=1&id=273 makes me feel like I have no chance!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Chris UK

Runners Age More Slowly, Study Says
      Nope not working for me - I still got a year older on my birthday.

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

What annoys me today is stuff like this: http://www.coreperformance.com/article.php?p=3&s=1&id=273 makes me feel like I have no chance!
        Please tell me he is taking a piss in that article. I fear he isn't. What I hate the most is all the science dropping he does in there to try and make himself sound like he has some sort of clue and credibility.
        The Graduates - a community of post C25K runners!

Started Running 21 April 2008

2008 Running Goals
        • Finish C25K 22 Jun 2008
        • Run 5K 43:29 29 Jun 2008
        • Complete a 10K fun run

A Saucy Wench

Please tell me he is taking a piss in that article. I fear he isn't. What I hate the most is all the science dropping he does in there to try and make himself sound like he has some sort of clue and credibility.
          He is taking a piss. I am curvy and I am doing just fine. I am less curvy than I used to be, but I in no way shape or form resemble a guy. Ride a stationary bike ...now THAT hurts my knees.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

zzz

What an idiot. Article author not you wee.
              What an idiot. .
              I agree. He must routinely get beaten by women in races, so his only recourse is to have a tantrum over the ugliness of female runners. Roll eyes

A Saucy Wench

I agree. He must routinely get beaten by women in races, so his only recourse is to have a tantrum over the ugliness of female runners. Roll eyes
                Yeah...female runners are hideous. If I run more can I please become this hideous?

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

"Her greater body weight causes greater ground reaction forces. Greater ground reaction forces stress muscle tissue and breast tissue. Get my drift " He apparently overlooked this also applies to men. Lose weight and the reaction to ground force is less. I do not know anyone who has gained weight from running. Michael served as the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach at Boston University for 15 years. Boston U. has my deepest sympathy! Sad

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

"Her greater body weight causes greater ground reaction forces"
                    Since a woman normally has a higher fat% than a man, her body weight is lower for the same 'volume'. (Is this called specific weight in English?)

Running in Belgium
                    Ann