Not about Running, but still Bragging! (Read 697 times)

Ok, I know this is suppose to be running accomplishments. But I have an accomplishment that I just have to share. After graduating high school I went to college for about a year part time. I then quit to have kids, worked etc. Although I have done very well in my career, I have always felt I was missing something by not having that college degree.. Well on Friday (almost 24 years later) I finally got to officially walk across that stage and get my college diploma. (And before my kids did it too, my oldest is 20 and in her second year.) It really feels good to finally be able to say I completed a long time goal. Thanks for letting me share Smile
    Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers
    t_runner

Great job - congratulations! Must've been tough going through college while taking care of the kids and/or working! I feel very lucky to have been able to concentrate on my bachelor's degree with just a few small part time jobs, now working full time I get scared thinking of going for a master's at the same time as a job (and oh yeah, not giving up running either). Have yourself a great graduation celebration - you deserve it!
      Teresadfp

One day at a time

Ginny, that's so wonderful! Do you plan on using your degree right away? What ARE your celebration plans? Smile
          Really no big celebration plans. My family all came to town and that was awesome. Even my 90 year old grandfather made it. With a daughter who just graduated high school, most of the celebration parties have been for her. But we did go out to dinner at my favorite Japanese Restaurant. And several of the people at work brought in donuts and had a big congratulations sign up for me. I've been working in the IT field for over 10 years so having the degree probably won't make any immediate difference in my career etc. It's just now I have the degree to back me up in case I decide to go for something in management in the future. You just never know when it will come in handy.
          Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ginny, that is excellent! I'm so proud of you! I couldn't imagine going back to school with kids in the picture--it's hard enough when you don't have the responsibilities and time commitments of a family. WTG, girl! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

Awesome accomplishment, Scuba! Congratulations! You should be most proud of yourself. Thanks for sharing.

Rick
              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
              runningforcassy.blogspot.com