Spectrum 10K PR/PW (Read 1091 times)

Not really a race report, but I figured it's not often you get a PR & a PW the same day. Ran the Spectrum 10K today (an absolutely gorgeous day in southern Utah), and finished in 42:44. Since I have never in my life run a 10K race before, that time represents both a PR and a PW (also finished 2nd M5054).
    My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
      awesome!! how fun is that!? WTG on placing! Big grin I ran my first 10k in Feb and after all of the hm's and the full I've run, it was delightfully short and exhilarating!

Jennifer mm#1231

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That's awesome, Don! Sounds like today was a beautiful day for running in lots of places! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

WTG - congrats!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

Dog-Love

Congratulations Don on running your 1st 10K. Its such a great distance! It took me awhile to figure out PW but finally did and I hope you got a medal. PRs are kind of fun too!
            Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
              Great time! I'm jealous. My goal is to do a 5k in 21 minutes - so doing a 10k in 42 would be amazing!! Extra great considering this was your first 10k. I think it might be a fun distance to run - I have yet to race it.

Michelle

va

Wow, great finishing time and placement! Congrats!

You'll ruin your knees!

Not really a race report, but I figured it's not often you get a PR & a PW the same day. Ran the Spectrum 10K today (an absolutely gorgeous day in southern Utah), and finished in 42:44. Since I have never in my life run a 10K race before, that time represents both a PR and a PW (also finished 2nd M5054).
                  Did you get hardware with the AG placement? Regardless, awesome job! I'd love to think I could get 10K under 43! Not that I would ever do the specific training to give me a chance... Way to go! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

bas

Fantastic! If I ever race a 10k in 42 mins I will count myself *very* lucky! bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

I ran my first 10k in Feb and after all of the hm's and the full I've run, it was delightfully short and exhilarating!
                      I agree. It was kinda fun. I'll have to try some more.
                      My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
                        That's awesome, Don! Sounds like today was a beautiful day for running in lots of places! Smile k
                        Thanks. Yeah, weather was about perfect--sunny and around 55*.
                            Congratulations Don on running your 1st 10K. Its such a great distance! It took me awhile to figure out PW but finally did and I hope you got a medal. PRs are kind of fun too!
                            PRs are always fun. Wish I had could get more of them. No medal, but a plaque.
                              Great time! I'm jealous. My goal is to do a 5k in 21 minutes - so doing a 10k in 42 would be amazing!! Extra great considering this was your first 10k. I think it might be a fun distance to run - I have yet to race it.
                              I'm sure you'll do it. I do think it is a fun distance--not an all-out race like a 5K, with a bit more strategy on the race distance.
                                Wow, great finishing time and placement! Congrats!
                                Thanks! I was not unhappy with it.