30-20-10 ? What's all the fuzz? (Read 1059 times)

mikeymike

I am palpably rolling my eyes at the lot of you.

Runners run

But they even limited their study to people running less than 9mpw -- who cares what happens in that low-mileage space?

I need to stop being so negative.

GREAT NEWS!!!

For all the people running 6 miles a week and no speedwork, this workout is the MAGIC BULLET!

Hey, a neighbor recently told me if you can run 6 miles you can run a marathon. I don't argue with statements like that.

Feeling the growl again

So, the take-away here is that speed work makes you faster? Is this news?

Suggestion for this thread: let's make a list of all the things that actually warrant study.

Here, I'll start:

1. Physiological effects of stretching

2. Black holes

3. Craft beer

Hey, I'll take one for the team...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I think this better explains the concept of High Intensity Interval Training.  http://running.competitor.com/2012/09/training/high-intensity-interval-training_58930

Orion Goals: 5k 18:30 10K 38:00 Marathon 3:10

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

So, the take-away here is that speed work makes you faster? Is this news?

Suggestion for this thread: let's make a list of all the things that actually warrant study.

Here, I'll start:

1. Physiological effects of stretching

2. Black holes

3. Craft beer

4. Palpably rolling eyes

5. Making up fancy new nicknames and acronyms for speedwork

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Hawt and sexy

6. Just about any sports study on women.

7. The effect of manly running cloths on men. Yes, cloths.

MTS-changed on to of. Mah gramarz is more gooder

I'm touching your pants.

#artbydmcbride

swoon

Runners run

Black-Toe-Nailed

Or maybe the key is in this phrase:

...A safe, low-traffic road would be fine too,

Does it mean that they tried on a high traffic road?

Well, that would certainly explain the mileage reduction...

Well, I stick to my old-fashioned 'normal' half miles, miles etc, they seem safer. Not to speak about the utter annoyance of having your watch beeping every 10 seconds to keep track of the intervals :P

--

"If one can stick to the training throughout the many long years,
                  then will power is no longer a problem. It's raining? That doesn't matter.
                  I am tired? That's besides the point. It's simply that I just have to."

Emil Zatopek

Hey, a neighbor recently told me if you can run 6 miles you can run a marathon. I don't argue with statements like that.

define "run a marathon".

If you can run 6 miles in 40 minutes I'm pretty sure you can finish a marathon in well under 5 hours. 

obsessor

holy crap, they are doing accelerations! Amazing! Wonderful! Ingenious!

It is laughable. There is nothing new under the sun. I think the "magic training answer" has been well known and documented for 40? 50 years? In truth, ancient messengers and hunters probably had more first-hand knowledge of how to get fast and recover fast, than has been forgotten and re-learned in recent years.

Run some hills, run some long, run some fast, and run some easy, and just run a lot, and you will get faster. Want to get even more faster? Do even more faster. There is no magic workout. There is no magic distance. There is no magic food. There is no magic mileage. It is no one thing. It is everything all together. But mostly: Run, recover, repeat. 

Now lets talk about your special berries and special massages and secret stretches, Oh Sages of Runners World.

#artbydmcbride

Big grin

Runners run