Tights for Tall guys (Read 129 times)

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Can anyone recommend some leggings (tights) for a 6' 3" guy?  I got some from Nike while in Boston.  They aren't really long enough.  No, it's not that I want them to come down to my ankles or anything -- but I'd like them to stay above my butt.  I got a Large, which fits well for tightness, but slips down past my waist because -- well it's made for a 5' 8" guy or something.

Any recommendations?

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Do you tuck in your shirt?  I have a couple pair that slide down if I tuck in a tech shirt.  Other than that, I got nothing.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Do you tuck in your shirt?

Do people actually do that?  I mean, the shirt is the only thing preventing people from viewing my religion in those things.

RunNow

Buy tights with a tie-string.

spinach

Get some suspenders to hold the tights up.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/RRM893/mens-rgear-highspeed-compression-tight/

Ooh, nice that they put the inseam comparison.  34/35 is about where I fall.  Need to find these to try them on.  Thanks.

ymmv

Sugoi Subzero and Midzero are generously long. I'm 6' and 170 and wear their medium size.

Gang Name "Pound Cake"

I'm 6'3" and I bought a pair of Gore Mythos Windstopper Soft Shell Tights. They are made for both runners and bicyclers so they are higher waist-ed than most and stay up well. But they are rated as the warmest tights out there because of the Windstopper layer. I'd only use them when it is below freezing or of course when cycling in colder weather with the increased windchill. I used them on the day this winter when it was 40 below zero with the windchill (with a under layer of merino wool). They did an amazing job of keeping out the wind and keeping me warm. For winter running, Windstopper clothing is worth the cost.

The also run long for tights and are plenty long for us taller folks.

http://www.amazon.com/RUNNING-Mythos-Windstopper-Shell-Tights/dp/B00B35PBTG

- Scott

2014 Goals: First Marathon - BQ2016 <3:40 (3:25:18) - 1/2M <1:45 - 5K <22:00

2014 Marathons: 05/04 Flying Pig (3:49:02) - 09/20 Air Force (BQ 3:25:18) - 11/01 Indianapolis Monumental

Julia1971

Sugoi Subzero and Midzero are generously long. I'm 6' and 170 and wear their medium size.

+2.

1)  I love these tights.

2)  I've met YMMV and he's pretty tall.

DennisF6

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I'm 6'3", 160lbs and the medium tall work great for me.

6' 3" and 168lbs - 172lbs usually.  You know, sizes are now difficult that I'm more trim.  I used to buy large everything because of height, but now t-shirts are like garbage bags on me.  I have rather thick thighs (and no butt), so pants are often a problem; I wonder if a medium would work for me.  I do like the Nike leggins I picked up -- too bad their so short.  Looks like they offer one pair that have a "Tall" version.

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/swift-running-tights/pid-726541

$140?  Sheesh.  I picked up my ill-fitting ones for $30.  Bah, short people.

Cyberic

I'm 6'6" tall and about 180 lbs. I don't even think about buying tights. In everyday life I only buy pants that have specified inseem length, like Levi's jeans or Dockers pants.

One day I checked out the tights and they were all too short for me if they fit at the waist. No surprise there. They tights that would fit someone with my waist size, 34, are made for people who are like 5'10" I would guess. I need 36" inseem.

For winter running I have baggy gear made for people bigger than me.

So sorry, I don't have an answer for you.

Do people actually do that?  I mean, the shirt is the only thing preventing people from viewing my religion in those things.

When I'm wearing multiple layers, I will often tuck in the base layer, usually a tank top.  While I don't have to worry about "my religion showing," I never tuck in the top/only layer.

I am short and thin.even i bought the small, the waist is still too big for me. I just sewed a little on the side to fit my waist.

5k - 20:56 (09/12), 7k - 28:40 (11/12), 10k trial - 43:08  (03/13), 42:05 (05/13), FM - 3:09:28 (05/13), HM - 1:28:20 (05/14), Failed 10K trial - 6:10/mi for 4mi (08/14), FM - 3:03 (09/14)