podcasts (Read 634 times)

Hello,

I am looking for some new and entertaining/interesting podcasts to listen to while putting on some miles.

I currently listen to Dishing Up Nutrition, The Satellite Sisters, NPR's Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me.  I would love to hear if any of you have additional suggestions.

Thanks and hope you all have a great day!

ymmv

'This American Life' and 'Car Talk'.

S.Cavender

freakonomics is a good one

If you like science fiction, Escape Pod.  If you want one in particular, they have All You Zombies by Heinlein up which is easily one of the strangest short stories I have ever read.

Also, +1 to This American Life and Car Talk. 

I'm also a fan of Penn Jillette.  His new "Sunday School" show is decent.   Penn Radio was much better, but is off the air now.  You can get all the old episodes here, though.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
          Emil Zatopek

Imminent Catastrophe

3 non-joggers. Somewhat running-related and fun with an occasional mention of our very own fatozzig!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

3 non-joggers. Somewhat running-related and fun with an occasional mention of our very own fatozzig!

Big BIG Fan!!!

Funny story: I had my Shuffle on while I was cutting the grass last week, and listening to 3NJ. When I came back in the house, my daughter asked, "Dad? Were you listening to 3 Non-Joggers, just now?"

"Yes, I was. How could you tell?"

"Because you were laughing to yourself."

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I'll have to try these, thanks.

I've been through Trail Runner Nation and Ultra Runner Podcast.  They are both usually quite good. 

steph  

If you like audio-dramas "We're Alive" is a great zombie series.

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/The_Zombie_Podcast/Main.html

Its available for download from iTunes

Another vote for This American Life.

Also The Extra Mile Podcast is fun. Runners from all over the world submit audio about their training and race reports.

Loves the outdoors

marathontalk.com is good for a running related podcast. They've had some great interviews over the years.

One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

+1 This American Life - Ira Glass is pure unadulterated awesome.  I've listened to, quite literally, all of their episodes.  Best thing on the radio.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Thank you for all of your responses!  Your recomendations are exactly what I was looking for.

I've checked out a few already and am looking forward to loading up my IPod with more!