Need women's running tights recommendations (Read 107 times)

lizardrunner

I have major issues finding running leggings/tights. I'm relatively slim (5'5, 128lbs) but I carry all of my weight in my butt and thighs. My waist is very small comparatively, about 12 inches slimmer than my hips. I usually buy size M bottoms, I've tried zella, champion, underarmour, and many other brands. All of them fall down as I run and I'm constantly pulling them up. There is always a gap  in the back near my waist. I've tried to size down, but I can barely get them over my legs. I've googled this topic but most articles about this topic are meant for plus size women. I don't care what they look like, I just want them to stop falling down, and my legs to stop rubbing! For any ladies with similar body types, please let me know what you wear. I'd rather not pay $100 for Lululemon, if I can help it. Thank you!

Sunflower747

I'm 5'6 and 135 pounds, I think similar body type, maybe only 8-10 difference but I recently got compression leggings from athleta that work really well.  I usually have problems with tights falling down too but these ones stay on well.   I got size small.  They were fairly expensive though (maybe near 100) and painful to buy but really good quality and I have been wearing them all the time (with frequent washes).  Just an idea.. maybe other compression type leggings that are less expensive could also work? I also have this problem so would be interested in what works for others as well!

I have major issues finding running leggings/tights. I'm relatively slim (5'5, 128lbs) but I carry all of my weight in my butt and thighs. My waist is very small comparatively, about 12 inches slimmer than my hips. I usually buy size M bottoms, I've tried zella, champion, underarmour, and many other brands. All of them fall down as I run and I'm constantly pulling them up. There is always a gap  in the back near my waist. I've tried to size down, but I can barely get them over my legs. I've googled this topic but most articles about this topic are meant for plus size women. I don't care what they look like, I just want them to stop falling down, and my legs to stop rubbing! For any ladies with similar body types, please let me know what you wear. I'd rather not pay $100 for Lululemon, if I can help it. Thank you!

kilkee

runktrun

I'm 5'4 118#, all in my butt and thighs (huge quads), these are my current favorite:

https://www.joesnewbalanceoutlet.com/product/wp63231/wp63231ccm?utm_source=Shopzilla%20CSE&utm_medium=CSE&utm_campaign=Shopzilla%20CSE&CA_6C15C=172000740000335135

They have a really wide waist band that is comfortable both folded over and pulled up to natural waist, and they have a draw string with a bit of stretch to it.  I think I have S or XS, so given your extra height, S or M would work. They are not heavy weight tights, but I recently wore them for a dry, sunny, 22 degree race and was fine. They're also from last year.

I think this is the current version of the tights, but in capris:

http://www.newbalance.com/pd/impact-premium-printed-capri/WP71227.html?dwvar_WP71227_color=Black_with_Multi%20Color#color=Black_with_Multi Color

Impact Premium Printed Capri

I have the capris and they also have a thick waistband with draw string.  I have both XS and S, and the XS does feel pretty tight.  Not sure if the full length tights are as good.

Joe's newbalance outlet has great deals.  It might be worth buying a S and M and returning what doesn't fit.

Not running for my health, but in spite of it.

Jenny Dio

Link promo
          Half Crazy K 2.0

I like the New Balance Impact capris. I would try different styles from the brands you've written off. I have some Under Armour tights that fit great (also carry junk in the trunk) and have tried on others that are awful. I tend to have no luck with the compression style tights. I can't get them over my ass. Or if I do, they are squeezing my butt and thighs and gapping at the waist.

erinr

I'm about a 10" difference and am a new convert to the Athleta compression tights (with the fleecy PolarTech lining). They fit great. You can get 20% off if you sign up for emails. I also recently bought some high-waisted compression tights from Old Navy that fit well.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have the same issue with a lot of pants (Lucky Brand and Levi's are about the only companies that make curvy-cut jeans that don't leave a gap in the back waistband).  My favorite tights are Sugoi...mid-zero and sub-zero models.  They have drawstring waists, which really helps.  Nike and Adidas have worked well, too, as long as they have a drawstring.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I'm 5'4 118#, all in my butt and thighs (huge quads), these are my current favorite:

https://www.joesnewbalanceoutlet.com/product/wp63231/wp63231ccm?utm_source=Shopzilla%20CSE&utm_medium=CSE&utm_campaign=Shopzilla%20CSE&CA_6C15C=172000740000335135

They have a really wide waist band that is comfortable both folded over and pulled up to natural waist, and they have a draw string with a bit of stretch to it.  I think I have S or XS, so given your extra height, S or M would work. They are not heavy weight tights, but I recently wore them for a dry, sunny, 22 degree race and was fine. They're also from last year.

I think this is the current version of the tights, but in capris:

http://www.newbalance.com/pd/impact-premium-printed-capri/WP71227.html?dwvar_WP71227_color=Black_with_Multi%20Color#color=Black_with_Multi Color

Impact Premium Printed Capri

I have the capris and they also have a thick waistband with draw string.  I have both XS and S, and the XS does feel pretty tight.  Not sure if the full length tights are as good.

Joe's newbalance outlet has great deals.  It might be worth buying a S and M and returning what doesn't fit.

kilkee, I ordered these tights after I saw your recommendation and I love them!  I got XL since I'm 5'-9" and have long legs.  They fit perfectly.  Smile

kilkee

runktrun

Yay!  Glad they worked out for you!!

Not running for my health, but in spite of it.

seeEricaRun

Awesome

FFR, I'm only 5'1 (115-120) but have a similar body shape. I love Athleta, with the caveat that I haven't bought any new ones in maybe three years.

Forget jeans - I don't own any anymore, the gap drove me crazy.

stoik16

Here are some Nike Pro Elite Zip Sponsored Tights available in XS and Small!!

Best tights in the market!!1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/322893159071

Sunflower747

I just got some running leggings called " 90 Degree By Reflex " on amazon and they are really nice.  Priced really well but I think comparable in quality to some of the more expensive brands.  They fit really well and I've been really happy with them!

I have always had this same exact problem! I recently bought a pair of Oiselle Pocket Jogger tights and love them. No gapping in the waist, having to pull them up, and, as you'd imagine, the pocket situation is great. The only issue is that I like low waisted tights, and these come up fairly high (belly button level), so I just fold the waistband over and it's good to go.

http://www.oiselle.com/shop/running-bottoms/pocket-jogger-tights#sthash.aParTD4b.dpbs

fimmx

I have fallen in love with champion embrace tights, you can easily search for them on the Target website. I particularly like the ones with pockets on both sides, an iPhone 8plus or a 500ml soft flask will easily fit in the stretchy pockets. I have several of these tights and capris - tights. They have a very wide waist and I love how they keep the post baby jiggling well contained.