Facebook connection (Read 208 times)

BigGahoona

Does RunningAhead no longer post into my Facebook timeline? I've unlinked and relinked a few times to no avail.

eric :)

HI BigGahoona,

The Facebook app is very much out of date.  I might need to rewrite the app from scratch because Facebook had made many changes to their system.  This task is not on the immediate roadmap.

eric Smile

ancy

http://facebookaccountha

spam
        BigGahoona

No problem, I just thought I had missed a step or was doing something wrong.  Thanks!

MelRunner

I was wondering the same thing and have also tried to relink my accounts to no avail Sad

Patzer

I really miss this feature.

Current goal: an Olympic distance triathlon. Did two of them! New goal: a half-ironman?? Did that too. New goal: I'll have to get back to you.

FSBD

I highly doubt that any of your Facebook friends actually care that you ran today.

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

#artbydmcbride

I highly doubt that any of your Facebook friends actually care that you ran today.

You couldn't be more wrong!!!!!  

(...at least according to the comments I get when I let them know!)

Runners run

Kalsarikännit

And if they do care, if you run every day it quickly puts an end to the question of, "I wonder if they ran today?".

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

yep

Get off my porch

rlopez

I pretty much only use facebook for running stuff and find that if I want to tell my friends how much I ran today, I spend the same amount of time typing "shit, yeah, I ran 6 miles this morning!" as I used to spend trying to get RA to poop it into my fb feed.

Basically... if you really want everyone to know you ran, just tell them you ran.

For those that know you run, they know you run through the theme of your other posts.  It's annoying to see people post the miles and pace every day for every run.  It's hard to tell family and friends that you don't care about that level of detail every day.

If you truly run for your own enjoyment, run for your enjoyment, not for what you perceive I'll enjoy from your run.

Other subset communities exist where you can brag about your training run accomplishments.

With that being said, keep posting about your races, your volunteering with special Olympics and the like, your memorable runs, your goals and athletic commitments.

Keep on running.  Live life to the fullest and encourage others to live to the fullest as well.

Cheers,

MTA: I do have a couple of family and friends on weight loss / quit smoking / transitional phases in life.  They need encouragement every day and I fully support their FB posts seeking motivation and encouragement.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life