Knees are Tight (Read 1941 times)

sport jester

Biomimeticist

When I make a mistake, I'll apologize.

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

1. In fact I'm quite the opposite if you knew me in person.

2.  I'm very confident in what I know

3. With this thread as example, I didn't attack anyone, discredit them, or make any attempt to harass them until I was attacked first.

4. Sure civility is any goal in communication, .

Thank you for responding. 

I have a couple of comments based on your post...

1. and that's what truly intrigues me about you.  I'm sure that you're smart.  I'm sure that others think you're smart.  But, the way you write and interact in a setting like this does not properly display the intelligence that I'm guessing you have.  With that being said, I know that others happen to be smart as well, and their views differ from yours.  Why not respect their views as if you were talking to them in person while at the military base, the football fields, or the doctor's offices?  Please, I think people may be receptive to it.  I would (whether or not I adopt your methodology).

2. No doubt about that.  I know you're confident in what you know.

3. I'll grant you that (but I haven't gone back through the thread to read about who said what first), but your history precedes you within this thread, and I happened to read many of the other threads that you participated in, and quite frankly, you sound like an argumentative fool sometimes.

4. Yes, it is.  At the end of the day, we're all here for a reason, and most people aren't here to read arguments and squabbles.  Being civil and respectful is the goal of all communication and all relationships.  I don't honestly know whether the feuds that you're a part of can be stopped without time and a more neutral position.

"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."

Cheers,

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

sport jester

Biomimeticist

While I admit that I did confuse you with Spaniel

He confused me with spaniel in the other thread (that became the 100 mile challenge thread) too.  In the same way, kept saying that I said something.

How odd.

sport jester robert: I am not spaniel.

I fully admit to having less knowledge than all people here.

The point is still the same; that you challenged me to the 100 mile race in order to prove you know more than I do.

And I was even at the July 4th race and actually wanted to meet you in person.

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

xor

When I make a mistake, I'll apologize.

This is why I call "insincere troll" on you because that post reads as bait.

I'm not seeking an apology, just note that it is weird that you have now... multiple times... stated that I've done stuff that really spaniel did.  It's not that hard to figure out, which is why it is puzzling.  I believe that it is just part of your fake act.

xor

While I admit that I did confuse you with Spaniel

The point is still the same; that you challenged me to the 100 mile race in order to prove you know more than I do.

And I was even at the July 4th race and actually wanted to meet you in person.

You do realize that all the information is out there for people to read.

1. I did not challenge you to a 100 mile race directly.    You challenged spaniel first, and I said I'd race you

2. "...in order to prove (I) know more than (you) do". Again, this is why I think you are a troll.  If you are not, then you are suffering from some deficit somewhere because you made this up.  From thin air.  I didn't say that.  I called you on your challenge because I think you and your challenge were/are full of shit.  This is a different point from me thinking I know "more".

I was pretty easy to spot at that race.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

I did seek understanding

"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."

With fact that 70% of runners injure themselves every year

With fact that 70% of ACL tears are non contact and incured under  attempts to stop or instigate directional change leaves a lot to be understood.

And if current training ideology has the failure rate so well documented, then I had no choice but to find better and more knowledgeable coaches.

Sorry if they're animals. Mother Nature's Athletes have no reason to lie to me as books, magazines, or coaches do.

Animals that race 100 mile race offer better training advice than what gets written if you're a distance runner

Animals that run 45MPH offer better training advice to improve speed than what gets written for human athletes.

And in seeking better understanding, every explanation given as reasons have yet to solve the issue. And yet I'm told to shut up and listen to "experts". Even if they have yet to solve the injuries their sports face.

Well I don't write here to reiterate the opinions of others. Since I contradict what gets written here, I made damn sure that science, measurements, and math are its basis rather than rewriting the opinions of the "experts". Especially if those opinions don't solve the injury problem...

#artbydmcbride

Runners run

sport jester

Biomimeticist

I was pretty easy to spot at that race.

And yet you didn't approach me either...

xor

Why do you go by the name "sport JESTER"?

And, assuming you are a sincere scientist, do you think having "jester" in your name helps or hurts your cause?

Am I doing this right?

I fully admit to having less knowledge than all people here.

Whoa!  Slow down there buddy.  I'm not very smart at all, and I routinely stick my foot in my mouth.  Let's be careful with the absolutes here.

OK.  Carry on.

No excuses....

I did seek understanding

With fact that 70% of runners injure themselves every year

With fact that 70% of ACL tears are non contact and incured under  attempts to stop or instigate directional change leaves a lot to be understood.

And if current training ideology has the failure rate so well documented, then I had no choice but to find better and more knowledgeable coaches.

Sorry if they're animals. Mother Nature's Athletes have no reason to lie to me as books, magazines, or coaches do.

Animals that race 100 mile race offer better training advice than what gets written if you're a distance runner

Animals that run 45MPH offer better training advice to improve speed than what gets written for human athletes.

And in seeking better understanding, every explanation given as reasons have yet to solve the issue. And yet I'm told to shut up and listen to "experts". Even if they have yet to solve the injuries their sports face.

Well I don't write here to reiterate the opinions of others. Since I contradict what gets written here, I made damn sure that science, measurements, and math are its basis rather than rewriting the opinions of the "experts". Especially if those opinions don't solve the injury problem...

I'm not sure you understand what I'm trying to say to you....

But, before you hit post right now, please do the following....

Stop.

Breathe.

Walk away from the computer for a few minutes. 

Think about what was written. 

Reflect on the messages. 

Determine whether alternate ways to communicate your initial thought would be better.

Re-write what you wrote (if appropriate)

Determine whether it should be sent.

Send (if appropriate).

Thanks,

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

sport jester

Biomimeticist

legitimate question

Why do you go by the name "sport JESTER"?

And, assuming you are a sincere scientist, do you think having "jester" in your name helps or hurts your cause?

Because in  medieval europe, the Jester was the king's most important advisor.

I see the athlete as my king. I serve the interest of the athlete as another viewpoint than the self serving advice of coaches, magazines, physicians, or others with an agenda. I offer animals as training models because they've been pefecting their athletic skills for millions of years.

xor

And yet you didn't approach me either...

I claim fake narcissism in an effort to troll some more. So I will take this bait, Mr JESTER.

I was:

1. A race participant

2. In a brightly colored costume

3. With my name printed on my bib

4. Known on sight by at least 100 people at that race

You were: a nonparticipant who stated that you couldn't run 100 miles that weekend, partially because of your work schedule... and didn't really make it clear that you would be there.  In fact, I still wonder why you WOULD be there. If you really were.

Summary: I had no way of knowing you were there (if you really even were), but I was a fairly easy person to locate.  Rather odd to state that I didn't "approach" you.

HOWEVER: it is a nice way to take attention off the part where you colorized history regarding "the challenge" and the intentions.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

sport jester

Biomimeticist

I wasn't scheduled to be their, but a change in personal plans gave me the opportunity. In fac I was with the tent serving the strawberry cakes providing chiropractic and masages...