Ultras (Read 855 times)

Purdey

Self anointed title

OK - so no replies to my post on 24hr ultras. Has anyone here run an ultra? Is anyone planning to? Does anyone have any tips on preparing for one? (I am just coming back to running after a break of about 12 months - but have a background of long distance running: never more than 28 miles in trg though) Smile

Into the wild

Hello Tom...hang in there, someone will be along with some help. I have similar ambitions to yours but I'm a long way off ultra distance yet and struggling with the heat.... Looking at your details, I see you already ran marathon distance so you have some idea of what to expect; but depending on how long ago that was I reckon a 24 Hr ultra is a lofty goal for 2007. Further, I think you would benefit big time by dropping a stone or more....I know Cry However, given that you asked, here is a link to a list of UK ultras Smile http://www.multidays.com/html/calendar/uk_calender.htm There's a list there for 2006 so you can guage what's out there or even get in touch to find out about dates for the following years. Good luck with the training....I'm going to keep my eye on you! All the best, Johnny

Shut up and run

Wingz

Professional Noob

Did you check out jlynbob's post on his experience as a pacer for someone who was running a 100 mile run? I thought it was really interesting. Here's the link: http://www.runningahead.com/frm_topic.aspx?id=3573a03ef7bf4c6f996defc412ffb673. I can't imagine running for 24 hours NOT hurting, by the way. Black eye But still, it could be really cool... If you do, I want to hear all about it!

Roads were made for journeys...

Purdey

Self anointed title

Johnny - many thanks for a great link - probably the best source on UK ultra running I have seen. Big grin

Into the wild

Glad you found it useful. Ok; to business........Why haven't you made your log public...??? I can't keep an eye on your progress without it Undecided All the best, Johnny

Shut up and run

Purdey

Self anointed title

D'accord! D'accord! Monsieur Franglais - making it public now.... feels like I'm taking my clothes off!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ooh, is this a naked party?! I've never been skinny dippin'! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Into the wild

D'accord! D'accord! Monsieur Franglais - making it public now.... feels like I'm taking my clothes off!
                  Good luck old man.... hot as hades here at the moment. 33°c in the shade...it just saps your will to live Cry

Shut up and run

Purdey

Self anointed title

Ok - clothes now off - and all available for public viewing - don't be too harsh on me though! Smile

Wingz

Professional Noob

Awww! Sad I went over to see the picture of the nekkid guy, and there wasn't one! I was so disappointed! Smile

Purdey

Self anointed title

Calm down Wingz! I'm sure my body is not of that much interest.... Wink

Wingz

Professional Noob

Big grin You know I was jus' kiddin! Big grin

Purdey

Self anointed title

oh well.... perhaps in time I will get around to posting a pic... Blush