Mohawk-Hudson Marathon (Read 109 times)

KrisV123

That one was great too!  Thank you.  I hope I have as much success!

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I liked your report. Brought back good memories and made me look up mine here, if anyone is interested.

Great RR and great job!  (no pun intended )

OK, I guess I'll have to share mine now too....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-QXzMTKWGaIZmwyNEV2OU5qZmc/view?ths=true

Hope there's no issues opening the file.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Bert-o

I lost my rama

darkwave - how did it go?

3/17 - NYC Half

flyrunnr

darkwave - how did it go?

She elected to DNS at MH, mostly due to one of her cats being ill and possibly requiring surgery, prohibiting her from traveling. Kitty subsequently had surgery, and is now recovering well, and darkwave is now planning on racing Columbus Marathon this Sunday.

Details on her blog, http://wellimtryingtorun.blogspot.com.

https://www.strava.com/athletes/2507437

PR's - 5K - 17:57 (2017) | 10K - 38:06 (2016)  | 13.1 1:23:55 (2019)  | 26.2  2:58:46 (2017)

2020 Goals - Sub-2:55 Marathon                       Up Next: TBD, Boston on 9/14?

Bert-o

I lost my rama

flyrunnr - thanks for the update!

darkwave - Sorry to hear about your cat but you definitely had priorities in the right order.  Glad to hear recovery is going well and Good Luck in Columbus!!!!

3/17 - NYC Half

Alistair2466

I had to pull out of this years M-H due to achilles issues. I will be running year.

KrisV123

I did run it.  It was warm (71) and rainy at the start, but the rain and breeze made it feel tolerable.  About the 13 mile mark, I noticed the breeze and rain were gone and the heat had gone up (mid-70's). It was quite humid as well!  It felt like a sauna for several miles.  When the course moves off the bike path onto the road, we were running into a strong headwind and it was a struggle to keep the pace up.  It was such a relief to get back on that trail!  In the last 6 miles it all caught up to me and my pace slipped.  I missed my goal by about 4 minutes, but given the day I was still very happy with the results!  The course is really great (except for the road portion) and the logistics were very easy.  It's a nice race, but the weather stunk.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

KrisV - Great job in those sucky conditions!  If it were me, I would have lost a lot more time than 4 minutes.  That long straight road portion is a bit of a killer - probably more so mentally given where it comes in the race.  Congrats!

Alistair - Looks like if you had to pull out, this was the year to do so.  Hope your AT is getting better.

3/17 - NYC Half

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Kris V - kudos to you for running as well as you did - that had to be ghastly.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.