Motion Based forums very helpful, but they're a little tight over there. (Read 747 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I've posted a few questions over at the Motion Based forums. (MB is a web-based software platform for GPS devices, primarily Garmin.) The folks over there, admins in particular, are very helpful, friendly, and quick to respond. But I was surprised by one thing. In one of my posts, I said the following:
    Well, the reason I want to do this is that the uncorrected elevation data from my Forerunner is craptacular...
    Or was it craptastic? Anyway, when I checked back in later, I had several helpful replies, but my original post had been edited to read:
    Well, the reason I want to do this is that the uncorrected elevation data from my Forerunner is {not good}
    At the bottom of the post, the admin had added, "Edited for language." I'm glad they want to keep their boards clean, but I thought this was a bit much. A lot too much, frankly. I'm glad that RA users police themselves while not stifling free speech to the point that the board becomes sucktacularly crapulous.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

The voice of mile 18

well that sucks. Confused guess they are sensitive about people describing their product in non-flattering ways.

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Lazy idiot

well that {is awesome}. Cool guess {Motion Based forums are the place to go to get cookies and milk}
        Sorry Joe, I couldn't resist!

Tick tock

mikeymike

Whaleshit.

Runners run

{Cetacean}{Excrement}
            Post edited for language.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

And the above posts (and unauthorized edits of posts) are the reason we keep coming back to RA!
              Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado

madness baby

craptastic. There. I said it.
                deb

madness baby

Sorry, meant to say "craptacular." Jeff, you're craptacular. Wait, that sounds like a compliment! Anyway, keep up the posting over there and keep enlightening us. Smile
                  deb