Where can I find a running buddy? (Read 274 times)

ultra_newbie

Hey y'all...

WHERE can I find a running partner? Even if it's just someone to meet me at the trailhead and say good morning before we do our own thing. Is there a section in this forum? Other forums?

I need someone to help me stay accountable to my training plan else it's just not going to get done!

Thanks!

#artbydmcbride

meetup.com

Runners run

Many of my local running friends are on daily mile

meetup.com

Yes, look for running meetup groups in your area. Or start one.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

Go to a dog shelter and pick out someone young and energetic. 

Leah, mother of dogs

You could try Tinder also

Go to a dog shelter and pick out someone young and energetic. 

I tried this but my new running buddy doesn't like how often I stop to pee on things while running.

if you live in a bigger city, you probably could find a nike group or another local running group.

https://www.instagram.com/tfilarski/

work, running clubs, gym, running shoe stores, volunteer at a local race.  "Meet at   Trailhead?"   does that mean you like to trail run?   if so check out hiking clubs in your area

seeEricaRun

Awesome

Great! I need to find one for my husband -he is annoying as hell to run with and I want someone else to put up with him.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Is there a local running store where you are? Running Room is my city has Wednesday night and Sunday morning group runs. It's a start for meeting other runners.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

GinnyinPA

I live in a small town, not a city, and I was surprised to find out after I started running that that we have numerous running groups in the area. Our local running store has a group that meets on weekends to do trail runs and there is another local trail running group that seems to meet when the mood strikes.  There is a Beer Runners group here and another in a neighboring town. They do casual fun runs once a week. There are also running clubs in several local towns that put on races and have different regularly scheduled runs, from beginners' sessions on Saturday morning to speed sessions to long runs. Another local group does twice a week runs after work. I found out about most of them by doing online searches and on Facebook.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I'm still trying to find running buddies.  The local running store has a weeknight group and a weekend group, but they're a lot younger and faster than me.  <sigh>

Hi Ginny.  Given up on RWOL yet?

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

pillowmaker

I have been also looking for a running partner for several days but don't find yet. Is there anyone?

There has to be someone out there for you to run with. Anywho, I use a Mypillow that I was given as an x-mas gift seems to work for me. Also use a Sea to Summit pillow while in the woods, the green one, EFFING love it too.