4 ounces? (Read 1036 times)

http://www.tapnrun.com/GettingTapped.php

are they serious?  I pay $37 and run 2.5 miles and only get 1 pint of beer?  That's no beer run.  4 ounces of beer is two gulps and it's gone. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

4 oz beer per stop, one each kilometer with another pint at the finish line. That is 2 beers Smile

We have a local brewery-run "barely a 4k series" that runs several times during the year, and that gives each runner a generous two pints (read: as many microbrewed pints as you can drink before the kegs are tapped dry), a shirt/hoodie/whatever, a pint glass and door prizes. Usually ~$20. The last one also included a ticket to see a baseball game.

Much better for the money!

bhearn

I thought this was gonna be a thread about racing flats.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

(read: as many microbrewed pints as you can drink before the kegs are tapped dry)

Faster runners have the advantage, then?

Go Pre!

I thought this was gonna be a thread about racing flats.

Ditto!
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Faster runners have the advantage, then?

It is a potential advantage. They have to match it with speed drinking skills.  A slower runner can do some serious damage while the bony thin speedsters are busy nursing their second ounce.

Feeling the growl again

http://www.tapnrun.com/GettingTapped.php

are they serious?  I pay $37 and run 2.5 miles and only get 1 pint of beer?  That's no beer run.  4 ounces of beer is two gulps and it's gone. 

Huh.  Spaniel Farms Beer Mile is free and you get to drink until we run out of beer.  Then, if you placed, you can drink your award.  Of course it's a full 12oz every 1/4 mile...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Spaniel makes a good point: be careful what you wish for...

Or is it: be fearful of what you wish for...

Feeling the growl again

Spaniel makes a good point: be careful what you wish for...

Or is it: be fearful of what you wish for...

+1.  Four beers sounds like a good evening...except when that evening all happens in about 7-10 minutes...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Feeling the growl again

http://www.americanbeerrun.com/cities

Interesting...

Indeed.  Funny how these races take forever to get details up though.  Not necessarily a fan of the bending over backwards to be non-competitive though.  If that's the case why not just get a couple guys together and tour the breweries without sweating involved.

I'm in.  Possibly.

How long is the Beer Run?

There is no set distance; however, we promise the distance will never be less than 2.5 miles and never more than 3.0 miles. The Beer Run is a celebration of what is best in each city. Therefore, the distance is flexible in order to allow each local race director the ability to capture the essence of their locale.

Flexible distance but within a range of 2.5 to 3.0 miles.  But I liked the part about rain...

What happens if it rains?

Water replenishes the earth, moisture is absorbed into the soil, plants grow, animals eat the plants, we eat the plants and the animals...oh, you mean, will the event still take place? Definitely! A little rain doesn't dampen our spirits.