upload sporttracks fitlog doesn't work (Read 1089 times)

First i like to say the new looks are great.

And i really liked the fact that i can upload the .fitlog format so i don't have to type my fitness workouts twice.

I tried to upload one of my ST activities. When select the file and click the upload button RA says the file has a wrong extention. It is however .fitlog. Which should be good as it is exported by ST.

When uploaded i couldn't save the workout because RA found that the duration was bigger than 27:46:00 the duration was however about 1 hour and 3 minutes. Probably an error with time value interpretation. Maybe because i'm in the Netherlands? So i didnt save my workout. Got back on the file upload screen and there was still my uploaded workout. I deleted it and tried to upload a new workoutfile after checking some values. They were in UTC time or in secconds.  RA says it has uploaded the file and that a blue thing should show up, but that didn't happen.   this is the file i tried to upload

Another, small, issue. i do have some troubles reading this (= the create new topic ) screen as the background is dark blue and the text is black. Better will be the original colors i think.

Thanks in advance for any help

Dirk

eric :)

Dirk,

I will take a look later today.

Eric,

Have you found out something?

regards

Dirk

I have not tried this, might later today. Did you notice the format  is  Zipped fitlog... maybe you just to zip it up first then import it.

Also check the post by Eric on changes to RA, it includes your blue background and local time.

http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/2c14ffe44af0479d922ec3271f91bebe/0 (Oops hyper link manager appears to not be working....)

Also check this fix someone reported.....

http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/62a1d458a32540de8f4db0f37616dc7c

Sorry you will have to copy/paste or look at the other posts in this forum.

hi ToeJammer,

thanks for trying to help.

i've tried both a .fitlog and a .zip file today again. They just don't show up at my screen to save them. (in between i noticed that ctrl-r made the colors more apropriate.)

So the 27:46 thing i can't reproduce at the moment. I'm definiately not uploading a logbook file but a .fitlog file i'm fully aware of the difference. And for sure i'm not trying to upload for about 3 years of GPS data at once.

To me the 27:46 thing is almost certainly a format issue. And maybe i can change something on my computer some locale setting or so if needed. But why the files don't show up, i really don't know.

regards

Dirk

Dirk,

I haven't forgotten about you.  The upgrade introduced several urgent bugs that affected usability so they had to be fixed first.  The file upload is less pressing.  I started working on it last night.  It may take a couple of days but I should finish it by this weekend.

eric :-)

Eric,

Ok, thanks, take your time you're right, it is not that pressing. I was just curious and if i can be of some help just ask.

regards

Dirk

Dirk,

I've uploaded a fix.  Could you try giving the import a try again?

Dirk,

I've uploaded a fix.  Could you try giving the import a try again?

Eric,

Thanks, It works, great !! A minor issue, the avg HR isn't filled in and the blue message bar doesn't show up.

Regards

Dirk

gregw

Great stuff!  Now I don't have to finish that fitlog->tcx converter I started and still give the pace bunny the what for.  Just sent a donation your way.