slow running problems (Read 451 times)

Dutchie42

I'm a slow runner. But I have two problems when I try to run even slower (recoveries and long run): 1) my lower calves (above achilles) get really tight and sore, so much so I have to walk it off. Unless I speed up, cause then it goes away, till I slow down again. This problem started after running my first marathon in May. 2) somedays, I get this funny feeling in my left leg and it buckles, like it suddenly can't support my weight. This problem I've had forever. This also dissappears when I speed up. So anyone know why this happens? And if there's a way to make it dissappear without running faster?

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Just Be

Both happen to me, also. The problem 1 happens all the time when I'm overtrained. Even now it is happening. I need to back off the distance and intensity for the remainder of this week to make it go away. I find that no matter what my pace is, it usually 'warms up' after about 3 to 4 miles of running and goes away until I stop, then I feel the pain again once I stop. Problem 2 happens to me at times. It's like a sharp pain in my left knee that would make me fall if not for my other leg being there to catch me. I find that after about 5 mintues of running it always just goes away. Usually it is worse at the beginning of any run following a harder effort run the day before.