Garmin 205 DIED today!!! (Read 1784 times)

12 Squared

On the last quarter mile, my 205 crapped out. Cry No warning, no nothing. It still had plenty of battery before the run, but will not turn on unless I put it on the cradle. While on the cradle, it says "battery charging in progres" for a few seconds then says "battery charging complete". When I take it off, it's dead as a hammer. I called the folks at Garmin and they walked me through the usual reset commands to no avail. I will try to update the firmware tonight, but this is my last resort. If it's a no-go then I guess it's back to Garmin with it. It is still under warranty, but I can't remember where I put that receipt. Any other ideas from all you Garmin lovers? Help! Black eye
    If you don't know where you're going, chances are you will end up somewhere else. - Yogi Berra
    Len

Damn Yankee

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

swgross, I had the same problem you have described, TWICE! Yep, over the course of 2006-2007 I returned my 205 twice. The process was complicated since I was working in Eastern Europe during the time. (Note my 3rd watch so far has functioned fine since July 2007) If your problem is like mine, you may not have success with the reset attempts. I'm still not sure of the cause. At first, I assumed I just had two defective watches. However, I noticed after I returned the 2nd watch (and waiting patiently for the 3rd, ha ha ha) that I had a short-circuit in the same laptop USB port that I also used for the watch. So maybe that did it? I don't know. I never had any visible corrosion of the contacts, but I now take the precaution of wearing a sweatband under the watch and making sure it has time to dry before uploading after workouts. Good luck with yours! Steve

2014 - Get 5k back under 20:00.  Stay healthy!