courses: user-created vs. GPS import (Read 477 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

There seems to be a difference in the way courses are treated, those that I created manually by clicking on the map vs. those imported via GPS. The GPS-imported ones don't have the little globe icon in my courses list, don't have a default distance, don't appear when I click on the "view" icon in my course list (I get a blank page) and aren't showing up in the "running routes" database. (Yes, I logged out and tried it, same thing).

Is there a way to save a GPS-imported course to the running routes database (for instance a race course) so that others could find it, just like the ones that we manually create?

Thanks.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Imminent Catastrophe

anyone?

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

kcam

What I do is to import the run (race), go to 'maps'  tab , click the 'publically viewable' box, save the map as 'perfessorsrace'.  Go back to the 'summary' tab and save the run.  Then I go back and edit the run and the map you just saved ('perfessorsrace') should be in the 'course' pull-down menu).  You might be able to pull-down 'perfessorsrace' before saving the run but I'm not sure of that.  Mine seem to show up with the globe icon and pull the maps properly with distances when clicked.

Imminent Catastrophe

That did work, Ken. Thanks!

eric :)

Russ,

This is by design.  The maps are not added to your course list because 99% of these routes are not relevant to anyone.  Rather than having the same routes cluttering up your list, you have the option to add them manually.  When you're viewing your GPS imported workout, click on the Map tab, and then click on "Save As".  After you enter a name for this map and click Save, it will be added to your course list.

eric :-)

Imminent Catastrophe

Thanks. Makes sense now that I know how it works.