Root River Trail question (Read 56 times)

MoeDog

Going to MN to bike on the Root River Trail tomorrow and will also be up there on Sunday - my long run day.  Do people run on this trail or is there too much bike traffic for that?  Thanks!

TJN

S Army Kettle run...

Sorry I just got in here.  I've wondered this myself ...   I live ~an hour from there.  I would say you would be ok.

How did it go?

Tim 

MoeDog

On Saturday during the day there were a ton of bikes out there and running would have been a little iffy.  Sunday morning,though, the trail was pretty much deserted.  Running would have been fine but the scenery was so nice I opted for more biking so I could cover more miles in the time I had.  What an amazing place.

obiebyke

Glad you had fun, Moe! I live in Minnesota, and my family owns the farm at the top of the cliff overlooking Lanesboro. Just look up, for the white farmhouse. Smile

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

MoeDog

Nice!  What a place to live.  Already planning a return bike trip there next October.

TJN

S Army Kettle run...

I live just up the road from Lanesboro in LaCrescent.  Sept / Oct is the best!

Tim