Apple Watch to RA (Read 351 times)

Outside Lane

Also taking the plunge with new Apple Watch.  Tried a treadmill run with Runkeeper app and couldn't figure out how to save the workout - had paused it and couldn't figure out how to unpause it (so I could save it).  Ended up deleting the app from the watch.  Will try Strava next run.

See how they run...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think I might have figured-out my iSmoothRun issue. I think it defaults to treadmill run and has to be changed before clicking start. Next run I hope it will work. I got the Strava app to finally work (I was having an issue installing it...seems like a common problem, based upon what I was reading around. The phone app and watch app need a bunch of things permitted and one factor wouldn't apply, so I ended up having to delete the phone app and start over). I kind of hate Strava. It seems to be the default way of saving Zwift workouts and it forwards my bike trainer data to Garmin, but I wish I could skip the Strava step. For some reason Garmin won't forward those workouts on, anyhow, so I'm still manually uploading TCX files to RA. I suspect the same would happen with Apple Watch workouts using the Strava app.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That worked MUCH better! The Apple Watch seems reasonably accurate, too. Maybe reads .05mi. long, but for daily training I'm fine with that. The map of my run is really wiggly, so that is likely where the generous distance originates. I'm going to try smart sampling for my next run to see if that makes much difference. I'd probably use the Garmin on race days...at least for duathlons, since trying to activate iSmoothRun after T2 seems like it would be be challenging. Just changing shoes and remembering to remove my helmet is usually enough of a hardship while in O2 deficiency.

I'm turning off the audio...it got annoying really fast and for some reason wouldn't run through my headphones...I could barely hear the cues with my phone in a belt on my waist and under my shirt. Is there a way to make my watch buzz at the mile laps, rather than using any audio cues?

The only other quirk I ran into is that average pace doesn't want to display accurately. Average pace displayed identically to average lap pace when set up like this:

It all uploaded nicely to Garmin and then transferred to RA without issue, including weather stats.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

qerryp

The proximity sensor of the Apple watch is good. The best thing is the accurate measurement of the body parameter and for help regarding its kernel go to https://netgears.support/netgear-genie-support