Drag and drop for Apple IPad (Read 654 times)

Hi Eric, Is this something you could add to the Training Plan feature in the future? I have no idea how complicated that's in code... Thanks, A

Recalculating...

eric :)

ayola,

I have no idea how hard or whether it's possible to add drag and drop for touch based devices such as the iDevices and Android phones.  I might have to resort to a multi-click model (click to select item to move, click to specify where it goes).  It will not be trivial.

tonysif

Hi Eric, Is this something you could add to the Training Plan feature in the future? I have no idea how complicated that's in code... Thanks, A

Hi, new user here just adding my support for an iPad friendly Training Plan. I'm loving RunningAHEAD's simple but effective look and feel as well as its completeness of features, but it would great to be able to add events to the training plan from iOS. It's the only thing keeping me from using RunningAHEAD while I'm traveling.

Chasing the bus

Yep. Would be great to have so I can modify my plan while on my phone.

A simple google search turns up lots of solutions. It seems to be a matter of how the page is coded, and it's not just IOS, it's ALL touch screen devices. So re-coding the planning page to allow touch screen drag and drop would open it's utility to lots of people.

Another plug for a m.runningahead.com for logging and planning...it works as-is, in safari and chrome, but it could be much better. If I log at the end of my run, I get much better logs, rather than waiting until I can log in to a computer, and as above, mobile schedule editing would be a really useful addition to the mobile site...but after a run, I'm kinda fat-fingered, usually walking for cool down, and just clumsy.

John

“You're either on the bus or off the bus.”
          Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

More generally, websites including RA will have to become more mobile-friendly, as desktops and laptops are disappearing as people move toward mobile devices.

TheDroppingDead

ayola,

I have no idea how hard or whether it's possible to add drag and drop for touch based devices such as the iDevices and Android phones.  I might have to resort to a multi-click model (click to select item to move, click to specify where it goes).  It will not be trivial.

If you are using vbulletin or a custom-made platform based on vbulletin, there is a plugin for "drag-and-drop." It may not support this type of platform, since I think this is custom-made, BUT you can always rearrange the pattern or the .DLL to support this.