My Garmin died (Read 1639 times)

My Garmin 305 seems to have died. It was on the charger stand, with the screen reading "Battery Charging Complete". I took it off, put it on my wrist, and it won't come on. Nothing happens for any of the buttons or putting it back on the stand. Here's the best part - it is exactly one year and one month old. What's up with that? Angry Do they have built in kill switches? I bought it at REI - any recourse there? If this is it, then this really bites.
      Try a hard reset.... Search the forums here for the exact key sequence... I think there are two resets one to get it back on and the other will erase all of your data during the reset. If it really is dead REI has a 100% satisfaction policy I bet they would work with you. My wife's Garmin 205 literally flipped it's lid (the entire top of the watch popped off) a month after we bought it and REI replaced it with no issues.
        Well that was easy. Blush Thanks!
        AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Try a hard reset.... Search the forums here for the exact key sequence... I think there are two resets one to get it back on and the other will erase all of your data during the reset. If it really is dead REI has a 100% satisfaction policy I bet they would work with you. My wife's Garmin 205 literally flipped it's lid (the entire top of the watch popped off) a month after we bought it and REI replaced it with no issues.

Here is one of the resets:

http://www.runningahead.com/forums/post/8d10a2f7d0874eb49dfd99038636eac0#focus

This one includes the the one that erases everything (so they say):

http://www.runningahead.com/forums/post/2e7757dd86ef4ed49532ec6ab11d1a05#focus

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

amarrin1

ya my garmin is slowly going down hill. Like on long runs of 12 miles or more it seems to stop the stop watch, and then i dont get accurate times or distance. very disappointing when when you have just ran 10 and a solid pace.
            runnerclay

Consistently Slow

ya my garmin is slowly going down hill. Like on long runs of 12 miles or more it seems to stop the stop watch, and then i dont get accurate times or distance. very disappointing when when you have just ran 10 and a solid pace.

Is  the garmin set on workouts. If not do a master reset. A master reset will remove all data so save it in your log firsr.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Marathonmanleto

I recently had  a similar experience with my 305.  After trying all resets with no luck I contacted Garmin via the website.  An RMA was issued and I was told to send it back along with a check for 79.00.  A week later I received a brand new unit!  Great customer service.
                Ringmaster

I had the same problem with my 205--my unit a little older, actually. The first time I called the customer service rep and I thought it might just be that the thing wasn't staying on the cradle, so we tried putting a rubber band around it to charge, but I should've known that wasn't it because the thing did say "Charge Complete," in retrospect. When I called back the next day saying "Thanks for nuttin'" the new guy felt so bad that they sent me a new unit--no charge!--though I would gladly have spent the $79 for it to be fixed.

Call; they'll make sure you get it set right. The hardest part is the 10-14 day wait for it to get back.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                  Mile by Mile