Rockin' Refuel (Read 1399 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Just curious if anyone else has tried this. I asked my DW to pick me up some chocolate milks and some vanilla milks, if she could find any, for after races and long runs. She came home with a chocolate and a vanilla Rockin' Refuel. I thought they were pretty good.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Have not tried....but the dirt poor graduate student version I used to make was 2 scoops dried milk mixed into chocolate milk.  "Protein fortified."

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Ensure works for me.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

When I was training for higher mileage races I liked to do Carnation Instant Breakfast made with lactose-free milk.

Why lactose-free?  For the longest time I would have awful gastric issues post-run...I blamed it on the effort.  Then I had a lightbulb moment and considered that maybe it was the recovery drink.  Changed the milk and had no issues after that.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Zortrium

I've not tried any fancy 'fortified' refuel chocolate milks -- my recovery drink of choice is a glass of plain old lowfat chocolate milk from the supermarket refrigerator.  The only downside is perishability, but I prefer the taste to non-refrigerated chocolate milk drinks like Nesquik.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

When I was training for higher mileage races I liked to do Carnation Instant Breakfast made with lactose-free milk.

i

Why lactose-free?  For the longest time I would have awful gastric issues post-run...I blamed it on the effort.  Then I had a lightbulb moment and considered that maybe it was the recovery drink.  Changed the milk and had no issues after that.

Will give it a try.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Most of the non-milk recovery drinks I've tried don't taste very good. I think my wife said the Rockin' Refuels were $1.39 each. Seems like a reasonable price.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Cool Jump Suit

Have you tried this?  Big grin

So bittersweet,
                  This tragedy
                  Won't ask for absolution;
                  This melody,
                  Inside of me,
                  Still searches for solution.
                  A twist of faith,
                  A change of heart
                  Cures my infatuation.
                  A broken heart, 
                  Provides the spark
                  For my determination.

Feeling the growl again

Most of the non-milk recovery drinks I've tried don't taste very good. I think my wife said the Rockin' Refuels were $1.39 each. Seems like a reasonable price.

That is pretty reasonable as those things go.  I've also used SlimFast with powdered milk added.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Scout7

I drink water, and then eat a meal.

Purdey

Self anointed title

I drink water, and then eat a meal.

That will never catch on.