Pain in one leg (Read 445 times)

Callandor

Hi all, first time post, long time reader. I have been running for about 4 months now, and have recently been having pain in the joints on my left leg only. Specifically my knee, and to a lesser extent my hip on that side. It is not so bad as to stop me from running, and seems to improve as I go, but I want to see if there are any suggestions on what might be going on before I aggravate anything further. Any stretches/excercises to strengthen these areas specifically? I hope this isn't too vague. Thanks for your help! -Kyle
      ITBS.... read the MANY posts on this subject in this forum already.... There are lots of stretching exercises you can do. Also look at getting a Foam Roller. Good Luck, Smile

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Callandor

Thanks for the reply chefy. I read up on it, and it looks like that could be the problem. Although after my softball game last night, the front of my hips were hurting more, so I think my hip flexors are to blame as well. Either way, I got a foam roller. Holy mother, it hurts, and seems to really indicate I need to strengthen the rest of my hip muscles further and take care of that tissue. Thanks for the input. -Kyle