Death Valley Borax and Las Vegas Marathon (Sat + Sun) (Read 386 times)

Running on the ocean

To wrap up my 2008 running year I thought of something interesting: I'll be doing the Death Vally Borax marathon on December 6 and the Las Vegas marathon the very next day. I've done the Lake Tahoe triple marathon (3 marathons in 3 days) so nothing new for me. However, it's nice to be back on the Badwater 135 course for a bit where I crewed and paced a buddy of mine this year. I also did the Las Vegas marathon in 2006 so it's nice to be back there too. Anybody else doing either or, perhaps, both of those races?

You know when you're running a ultra marathon because the pain actually starts to hurt
    -- Jakob Herrmann
    my running achievements

xor

I did that double last year, but not this year. I'll be running Sunmart (50 miles or k's, haven't decided) instead. It's a good double because the races are very different and the logistics are easy. Have fun. Keep your fingers crossed that Devine Racing doesn't screw up LVM. (they did ok in 2007 after really messing up 2006... BUT they haven't paid some of their vendors for last year yet)

Running on the ocean

I did that double last year, but not this year. I'll be running Sunmart (50 miles or k's, haven't decided) instead. It's a good double because the races are very different and the logistics are easy. Have fun. Keep your fingers crossed that Devine Racing doesn't screw up LVM. (they did ok in 2007 after really messing up 2006... BUT they haven't paid some of their vendors for last year yet)
        Thanks for writing srlopez. Awesome that you did those 2 races last year. I'm excited about it. And I agree about Devine; they tend to mess things up. I recall in 2006 that my wife couldn't find me after the race for almost 1 hour because it was totally messed up.

You know when you're running a ultra marathon because the pain actually starts to hurt
        -- Jakob Herrmann
        my running achievements