I have a BAR!!! (Read 748 times)

Finished!

on my log Big grin how sick is it that I am excited to have a measly blechy green (because that's the color I designated for treadmill running) bar with a measly distance in my log? I just hope things carry on and I'll be back to running - I've been scolded around the block and back again to make sure I x-train this time - doing other things than just running for my aerobic exercise. No pool running here (un)fortunately as the deepest part of the pool at the gym is only 4 ft deep. I can do the stepmill or the stairmaster, a variety of ellipticals, stationary bike and row....course the only machine I hate more than the dreadmill is probably the rowing machine - mostly because I suspect I have awful form and I get bored even faster on that machine than on the treadmill...doesn't help that it's in the corner on the floor, so I can't see any TV or anything...
    Walk + Jog = wog.
    I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
    I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Soon it will be 2 bars, then 3...4...5...20... Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Woodland, that's not sick at all!! I completely understand as I've got a few bars myself again. Whoo hoooo!! We'll get there! Smile
          Yay, looks like the start of something wonderful! Good luck with a healthy getting back into it all. Smile

Michelle

better one bar then no bar! WTG on getting a run in! Hope this is the start of a beautiful "new" relationship!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

You'll ruin your knees!

I've been scolded around the block and back again to make sure I x-train this time ...
              hmmm, doesn't THAT qualify as x-training? Woot! Way to go, welcome back to the barred! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Sad part is that when I first read the post, my thought was that you BOUGHT a bar, as in tavern, pub etc. Geesh!! Roll eyes Guess that shows where my mind is.

Michelle

Yeah! Big grin

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                  Thyroid Support Group

Finished!

Sad part is that when I first read the post, my thought was that you BOUGHT a bar, as in tavern, pub etc. Geesh!! Roll eyes Guess that shows where my mind is.
                    LOL now now, how does that kind of bar fit into health and nutrition? Wink I guess it fits kinda since a glass a day is supposed to be good for you....right Big grin The PT says I am to continue with the interval running on the TM, and I still have some new orthotics coming in in a few weeks. I sure hope this brings me back into the running fold. It's been almost three months since I got derailed...but I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. I still have 2 races on the books for next season (since races are typically in the winter) - plenty of time to get a base built back up!
                    Walk + Jog = wog.
                    I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
                    I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
                      Atleast its a really big bar!

http://www.freewebs.com/run4life/RA/springChallenge.htm

Wow, true, that's the mother of all bars.
                        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Wow, true, that's the mother of all bars.
                          Yes -- other bars are sucked in by its gravitational pull. Clowning around

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yes -- other bars are sucked in by its gravitational pull. Clowning around
                            So bad... But that bar could kick my bars' asses. Either that or that bar could sit on my bars and make them say 'uncle'. Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

The bar is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to that bar. Apologies to Douglas Adams...

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Instead of "yo' mama" jokes we could have "yo' bar" jokes. Yo' bar is SO big...[insert punchline] Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay