Blister Question (Read 550 times)

onlytime76

Hey all - i'm new around here (a transplant from coolrunning.com) - I joined because I have a somewhat burning running question about blisters. I get blisters between my 4th and pinky toe (but no others.) What gives? I used to have this problem only on my left foot, but this week, one has shown up on my right foot as well. It's not a constant pain, just irritating - and I'm not sure how to make them go away. They don't seem like the kind you can pop, either - they're kind of callus-looking. Anyone else have this problem? If so, how can I get rid of them? Sorry if this has been covered - I searched the board, and didn't seem to find anyone who has the between the toe blister problem. (gross, I know!)
      Get a pair of running shoes with a wider toe box. The ones you have are probably squishing your toes together and causing the blisters. Also make sure that your running shoes are a full size larger than your street shoes. Your feet swell when you run and you'll need the extra room. Here's a pair with a nice wide toe box. Wink Tom
      GP160

My blister problem went away when I switched from plain cotton running socks to 'Smart Wool' socks. I have also used a bit of 'Body Glide' on my toe hot spots when going out on a longer run. Seems to work wonders. Good luck!
        Ironman Louisville 8-30-09
        Rundadrun27

Get a pair of running shoes with a wider toe box. The ones you have are probably squishing your toes together and causing the blisters. Also make sure that your running shoes are a full size larger than your street shoes. Your feet swell when you run and you'll need the extra room. Here's a pair with a nice wide toe box. Wink Tom
          Those are awesome shoes. Where can I get a pair? Wink Big grin
          onlytime76

Thanks for your help! Last time I got a pair of shoes, I made sure to get a pair with a wide toe box, so I think the problem might be my socks. I'll try the smart wool kind...anything but plain cotton, I guess! (Gotta love an excuse to buy more stuff, haha).