Ok - A Dumb Question (Read 605 times)

I'm running my very first race on Sunday. A 10K. I just got the race number in the mail. So my dumb question - what the best way to attach the number to my shirt? Just safety pins?
    "If I control myself, I control my destiny."
    va

I rememer asking the same question before my first race... Big grin Yes, 4 small safety pins, one for each corner. They usually come with the number...
        If I live to see retirement, my massive collection of safety pins will be sold for scrap value to supplement Social Security. Should provide a nice little nest egg. You'll want to stop at Target on the way home for a frame, you'll remember your first race for a long time. Best of luck to you on Sunday!

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I'm running my very first race on Sunday. A 10K. I just got the race number in the mail. So my dumb question - what the best way to attach the number to my shirt? Just safety pins?
          If I live to see retirement, my massive collection of safety pins will be sold for scrap value to supplement Social Security. Should provide a nice little nest egg. You'll want to stop at Target on the way home for a frame, you'll remember your first race for a long time. Best of luck to you on Sunday!
          I've only ever seen pins being used. Not sure of any other method. Oh the frame thing is a good idea, you don't want your first race bib to get lost in the pile with all the future race bibs! The first one is the best! I will forever have safety pins somewhere in my van, and in my purse, and in my backpack, and in my laundry room, and perhaps one or two rusting away someplace where they've fallen out of view in the bathroom. I really need to stop getting new ones when I go to races. Good luck!

Michelle

Scout7

The other option is to get a race belt, with has two elastic strings with the slide locks on them. But you don't need that. Safety pins work just fine. Figuring out where exactly to pin the number is something you're gonna have to figure out.
              I really need to stop getting new ones when I go to races.
              I deliberately skip grabbing extra pins when I pick up my race packets in advance ... and yet I still find 4 of the little devils in my confirmation envelope. They remind me of this:

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

Thanks everyone. I like the frame idea a lot.
                "If I control myself, I control my destiny."
                  I deliberately skip grabbing extra pins when I pick up my race packets in advance ... and yet I still find 4 of the little devils in my confirmation envelope. They remind me of this:
                  Flashback to my childhood! I used to love watching Star Trek!

Michelle

I connect three saftey pins to a fourth, so I have piles of 4-piece safety pins all ready when I need them. I try to leave as many as I can in my truck; I volunteer at a lot of races and if they run low it's nice to be able to save the day.

Run to Win
                    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)