Article on Hall (Read 769 times)

Am I doing this right?

I know this is a lightning rod topic, but thought I'd share:

http://deadspin.com/5926710/can-god-coach-an-american-marathoner-to-olympic-gold

No excuses....

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Ryan's exegesis is a bit off: "[God] highlighted the need for me to take one day a week as a day of rest," Hall wrote in an email to Deadspin, "in the same way that God took a day of rest after creating the universe."

We all know . . . 

And on the 7th day, God did an easy three.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

#artbydmcbride

The comments are awesome:

"

2. Ryan Hall ran a sub-2:05 marathon. He can do whatever the fuck he wants.

3. Talking directly to God is actually a remarkably sane occurrence for a guy running 100+ miles a week. I once had a fairly engaging conversation with a hamburger on a 20 mile run."

Runners run

I heart Ryan Hall and I don't care who knows!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Sweet Jesus.. Im exhausted after reading the piles of articles about how great Hall is. Cant we just skip to the part where he runs well and finishes 9th or 10th in London? 

And we run because we like it
            Through the broad bright land

Troy.

Ryan's exegesis is a bit off: "[God] highlighted the need for me to take one day a week as a day of rest," Hall wrote in an email to Deadspin, "in the same way that God took a day of rest after creating the universe."

We all know . . . 

And on the 7th day, God did an easy three.

Damn. All this time, I thought it was an easy six.

Probably some sort of a problem with the translation. Is that NIV?

It should be mathematical, but it's not.

L Train

Cant we just skip to the part where he runs well and finishes 9th or 10th in London? 

Heh. 

xor

>> exegesis

I am pro The Jesus.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

A. I thought he was a good deal bigger than 130 pounds.  He's smaller than I.

B. I don't go for the God stuff, but I have no criticism of Hall. It may work for him. I'm rooting for him.

130 lbs? Heck--he's also smaller than I!