5K Race Time Thread Deleted (Read 64 times)

I posted a thread about what potential I might have given my 20:18 time for my first 5K race.  I wanted to review the replies and it now seems that the thread was deleted.  Please advise.  Thank you.

Personal Records:

5K - 20:07 ran in September 2021 (The second half split during the 10K run listed below.)

10K - 41:10 ran in September 2021

8 miles - 56:15 ran in November 2021

Half Marathon - 1:39:06 ran in September 2020

SubDood

https://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/e5edf0d49a4d47589383b63e5fff1c2b/1?pgctx=06IjlnVIRsDEh6Oa3DAciOW022

It's still there. The title was about when to warm-up, etc.

Older threads scroll off the main page after a while, but I don't think they ever get deleted. If  you click under the "Racing" group, you'll find this thread as well.

runmichigan

You can find it at:  https://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/e5edf0d49a4d47589383b63e5fff1c2b/0?pgctx=05zCljzisyjfyRZCgh09bRuGy90

Threads are not deleted.  Individual posts may be deleted by the moderators.

That was not the thread.  That was about warming up for that race.  After my result I posted a separate thread about my 5K potential based on that race.  I checked all the sub-forums and it's gone.

Personal Records:

5K - 20:07 ran in September 2021 (The second half split during the 10K run listed below.)

There was some mild acrimony in it.  One poster claimed the best I could shoot for was 21:12 – a time WORSE than my first time.  I also got some grief for following the ‘Run Less, Run Faster’ program.  The majority of it though was helpful and I really wanted to go over it again as I gear up for the next phase.

Personal Records:

Try clicking on "My Topics" up above...^^^ Any thread you started should show up.

Try clicking on "My Topics" up above...^^^ Any thread you started should show up.

I already checked that.  It's not there.

Personal Records:

https://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/e19a9e123a7d4be5aa9f32bf1ef6577d/resume#focus

??

That's not it.  I started the thread with all my personal info.  Miles ran, age, weight, etc.

Personal Records:

That's not it.  I started the thread with all my personal info.  Miles ran, age, weight, etc.

At that link, you link to your own thread with your introduction.

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

Guys, I know my own thread.  An introductory thread is not the one I'm talking about.

I don't know if it was a moderator who replied earlier but I'll take it as truthful that whole threads don't intentionally get deleted.  This must have been some kind of glitch.  Unfortunate as I hesitate to invest in threads going forward not knowing if they're going to stick around.

Personal Records:

JMac11

RIP Milkman

https://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/a6cc2bad78344f99b9990626c8308b35/0?pgctx=02oJzD35ygsG857qWfjpk4F3n1

Here's a helpful website the next time you need to find something:

www.google.com

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

an amazing likeness

https://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/a6cc2bad78344f99b9990626c8308b35

Link to topic above starts with this post from you:

I'm leaning towards focusing on longer races but I still want to do some more 5K races.  How much can I hope to take off my time of 20:18 that I got last week in the only 5K race I've ever done?  Again, I'm not at this time going to solely focus on the 5K distance.

Info:

47 years old

340 miles ran since March when I got back into running after a many year lay-off

I've spent the last 8 years doing high level road cycling

I'm 5'7" and weigh 152 pounds.  I have a fairly muscular upper body as I've done weights/strength training for about as long as I've been cycling seriously.

Hope this is the one you're seeking. You are correct, it wasn't listed in the topics index until I added a new message to it. Looks like a database glitch to me. (said with no inside info)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.